Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,227 times

Advertisements

lol yeah we got a gas rig tarp operation every 1/4 mile around here dont we
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 12:57 AM

12 posts, read 12,595 times
Not only Haslet suffers from brutally loud trains. I moved to Denton a couple of months ago and the train noise is unbearable up here too. I'm on here because the blasting train horns don't let me sleep. It's 1am and I've heard three blasting for 15 minutes each over the past hour. I've written to the train representative and he claims it's for safety. A quiet zone is incredibly expensive. How is it possible that an entire metropolitan region has to suffer from noise pollution in the name of keeping some drunk driver from running into a train?

Old 08-21-2016, 01:00 AM

641 posts, read 795,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTall View Post
I thought it would be quaint yet convenient to amenities such as grocery stores and other shopping/restaurants, but it isn't. And that is an understatement. Plus I hear planes all the time from Alliance Airport. For shopping I have to go over to Keller (which is not impressing me either) and that takes 30 minutes one way once I get through the stop signs and 30 mph two lane roads and get up on the interstate to quickly exit and go through more stop signs.

Plus the area seems disjointed- tiny little brand new tract houses then wide open farms with a horse or two then a gas rig operation with tarps all around it then another smaller farm on 2 acres with a metal barn bigger than the house. Is there any hope for this area? I really want to move. If I am looking for a good area with established neighborhoods with trees (homes built in the 60s or 70s with larger lots) and relatively close shopping amenities, where should I start looking? I didn't think the no trees would bother me but it is, and I don't like these new subdivisions.
North Arlington - Interlochen or Prestonwood

Old 08-24-2016, 02:40 PM

4,842 posts, read 3,608,891 times
I am in Marine Creek off Old Decatur road and feel your pain.

We lived downtown before we bought our house and how I miss Sundance Square and the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTall View Post
I thought it would be quaint yet convenient to amenities such as grocery stores and other shopping/restaurants, but it isn't. And that is an understatement. Plus I hear planes all the time from Alliance Airport. For shopping I have to go over to Keller (which is not impressing me either) and that takes 30 minutes one way once I get through the stop signs and 30 mph two lane roads and get up on the interstate to quickly exit and go through more stop signs.

Plus the area seems disjointed- tiny little brand new tract houses then wide open farms with a horse or two then a gas rig operation with tarps all around it then another smaller farm on 2 acres with a metal barn bigger than the house. Is there any hope for this area? I really want to move. If I am looking for a good area with established neighborhoods with trees (homes built in the 60s or 70s with larger lots) and relatively close shopping amenities, where should I start looking? I didn't think the no trees would bother me but it is, and I don't like these new subdivisions.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 PM

23,982 posts, read 10,333,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito3 View Post
Not only Haslet suffers from brutally loud trains. I moved to Denton a couple of months ago and the train noise is unbearable up here too. I'm on here because the blasting train horns don't let me sleep. It's 1am and I've heard three blasting for 15 minutes each over the past hour. I've written to the train representative and he claims it's for safety. A quiet zone is incredibly expensive. How is it possible that an entire metropolitan region has to suffer from noise pollution in the name of keeping some drunk driver from running into a train?
Considering your recent post I dug this one up. What if you or a loved one were the drunk or unattentive driver who got saved by the horn? Trains do not blast for consecutive 15 minutes Only toddlers do.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:27 PM

4,842 posts, read 3,608,891 times
I really like living off 820 and Old Decatur Road. So easy just to hop on the freeway (west) and get to Camp Bowie, or downtown. Lots of grocery and hardware shopping nearby. I do miss living downtown but I can't afford anything near there. Our house was very reasonable and we have a very low mortgage.

I have a co-worker that lives in Haslet and this person routinely comes in the office door a bit flustered from the commute.

I leave early at 0600 and the traffic is a breeze down 199 to Downtown.

If you don't like Haslet, try going west a bit.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,453,737 times
My first thought is Grapevine, but might be hard to find now for $250,000.
Next thought is HEB/Richland Hills/NRH area.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:53 PM

12 posts, read 12,595 times
Threestep:

I get around by bike.

I don't have any loved ones who a.) drive drunk b.) drive blind to the crossing arm and flashing lights, while ignoring the fact that they're in train territory

The trains certainly do honk for 15 minutes at a time when making multiple crossings in a city.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:19 AM

23,982 posts, read 10,333,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito3 View Post
Threestep:

I get around by bike.

I don't have any loved ones who a.) drive drunk b.) drive blind to the crossing arm and flashing lights, while ignoring the fact that they're in train territory

The trains certainly do honk for 15 minutes at a time when making multiple crossings in a city.
At the train crossings in the Haslet we lived in for five years it was between three and five bursts per crossing.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:07 AM

216 posts, read 212,892 times
Zombie Thread Alert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth