U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 02:58 PM

16 posts, read 57,612 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am thinking about moving to the Ft. Worth area next year. I'd like to know more about the weather there.

Does it rain alot? High winds or tornado's? Humidity?

I lived in Houston for about a year and a half, so if you can compare it to that, I'd have a pretty good idea. I'm planning to visit over Memorial Day weekend. I live in northern Arizona right now and I've just HAD IT with this place. Ready to move on!

What can I expect to pay (general range) for a house on a minimum of 3 acres in a decent area? Must be horse property.

I appreciate any information anyone can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM

54 posts, read 125,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellstarr2007 View Post
Hi!

I am thinking about moving to the Ft. Worth area next year. I'd like to know more about the weather there.

Does it rain alot? High winds or tornado's? Humidity?

I lived in Houston for about a year and a half, so if you can compare it to that, I'd have a pretty good idea. I'm planning to visit over Memorial Day weekend. I live in northern Arizona right now and I've just HAD IT with this place. Ready to move on!

What can I expect to pay (general range) for a house on a minimum of 3 acres in a decent area? Must be horse property.

I appreciate any information anyone can give me!
It is less humid here and rains less than Houston.
I don't know if I would call it high winds here either.

There are tornados, but not too many. I think the evening news builds these up a little more than what is real.

3 acres in a decent area depends on a lot of things... like the size of the house, how far you are willing to live from Fort Worth ect.

Just to ball park it, you can probably get a 3br/2ba place on three acres for $250k.... but you might be 20 miles from downtown. Probably need more information to give you a serious answer here.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,811,738 times
There are a few properties that I drive by every day that are on 2.5 to 3 acres built in mid 90s that go from 325K up to 500K. Its North Fort Worth off of Bonds Ranch Road in a nice gated horse community.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:17 AM

16 posts, read 57,612 times
Thanks Grapefinetxonline! Yeah, I guess I could have been more specific about what I'm looking for! LOL! Ok so here goes---

I'd like to live within 1/2 hour - 45 minutes of the downtown area or any area that's a good employment prospect. I do accounting (not taxes-yuck). As far as housing---1,700 sf -3bd/2ba-min 3 acres. $250,000 is probably my limit for a house purchase.

What areas would anyone recommend that I check into?

Old 12-17-2009, 01:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,344,716 times
Try the Ryan Place Addition, roughly bounded by Eighth Aveue, Jessamine St, Hemphill, and Berry St. I live there in a 1705 square foot house. You can get one for about $250K, and it's only three miles SSW of downtown. It's a nice neighborhood.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:56 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,021,770 times
If you are looking for horse property and will commute from 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, your best best would probably be west of FW towards Weatherford, north of FW in Blue Mound, Haslet and maybe south towards Crowley/Burleson/etc.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:00 AM

366 posts, read 221,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
If you are looking for horse property and will commute from 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, your best best would probably be west of FW towards Weatherford, north of FW in Blue Mound, Haslet and maybe south towards Crowley/Burleson/etc.
Definitely your best bet.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:25 AM

37 posts, read 245,002 times
Can anyone tell me how the weather in Fort Worth compares to the weather in the Shreveport/Bossier City area? Is it windier there? How about humidity levels? How often do you see snow?

Old 12-25-2009, 03:50 AM

29 posts, read 17,729 times
We had a few inches of snow yesterday, but we really don't see snow that often. It's probably windier but less humid. Right now it's freaking cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or