Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 04:02 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'll be in Mansfield this weekend with my 11 y/o (who'll be in a tennis tournament) & would be most appreciative if you can recommend a Mexican restaurant (preferably open for breakfast....get & go tacos etc.) & a good BBQ joint (open anytime).

(If there's a good chinese take-out or buffet.....or a good, reasonable spaghetti joint or hamburger joint, that would be good info to have as well.)

My son & i are both carnivores, don't need cloth napkins & prefer non chain restaurants. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Taco Cabana is chain that I have found to be pretty reliable as far as food quality--there might be some in Mansfield

Mansfield is large area but frankly there is not much there except along the freeway from what I have seen when we were house hunting several years ago and talking to builder who is based out of there

google map Mansfield and run search for restaurants/bbq/tacos--whatever you are looking for
there are often reviews of places that come up in search like that
and it will give you a map to use if you don't have GPS

Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM

Thanks love2read.....I'll post the verdict on some places we visit in case anyone does a search.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
IF you have some time and are close to I-20 Arlington/Mansfield area check for restaurant called MAC'S STEAKS & SEAFOOD
there is one by us in Colleyville--great bread and salad bowl--good prime rib/steaks at dinner--they make some pretty good oyster or shrimp po'boys at lunch and have really big hamburgers
have never eaten at the southern location but we enjoy the one by us...

Old 01-11-2010, 03:52 PM

54 posts, read 145,637 times
I've been to both Mac's and love them both.

The one on I-20 seems busier to me than the one in Colleyville. Makes me want to go to Mac's tonight!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 AM

394 posts, read 1,256,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapevineTxOnline View Post
I've been to both Mac's and love them both.

The one on I-20 seems busier to me than the one in Colleyville. Makes me want to go to Mac's tonight!!!!!
Excellent! Thanks to y'all I have another place to try out over the weekend. I've given up on N. Texas BBQ .

-OMS

Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Thanks love2read.....I'll post the verdict on some places we visit in case anyone does a search.
I also posted this on the Dallas board....here's my mini report:

Quote:
The Hampton ended up offering a full breakfast which we took advantage of both days.

Several of the boys wanted Hamburgers & Hash Browns at Waffle House, so that became our big night out on Saturday.

Quick lunches ended up being Subway very close & WingStop.

I stopped in a nice Italian place to pick up a menu (which we didn't use) & I know Habanero's was open for Bfast Tacos (because i called them).

Taco Grill was out of business & Don Julios didn't serve Bfast when i checked fwiw.

Mansfield was nice (the part we visited). Typical suburbia (homes, chain stores & restaurants etc.) & the Country Club & surrounding area was very nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth