U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM

68 posts, read 123,126 times

Advertisements

My first question is, based solely on maps there seem to be a lot of small towns all strung together, in a unable to tell where one ends and the other begins sort of way. Of these smaller towns, do any of them stick out in your mind as being quant, quiet, cute, peaceful, charming? Is that same town feel safe as well?

Also, anyone who works or banks at Wells Fargo in Fort Worth, are they clean, reputable, friendly? My husband works at a Wells Fargo where we are now, and they have fairly high standards for the work place, including no sitting for for the tellers, ties and dress pants, dress shoes, etc. Are these same dress codes and acts present there? (We are hoping yes)

I have read that the schools in Fort Worth are really great... is that true? How do Fort Worthers feel about homeschooling?

Thanks so much for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM

145 posts, read 569,135 times
FWISD doesn't have a good reputation overall although there are a few schools that are ok but I couldn't tell you which ones exactly as I live in Keller, a suburb in Northeast Tarrant county. Not sure which towns you're looking at on the map, so, hard to say since there are so many....can you name a few examples so I'd know the general area you are looking at? Check out Aledo, Weatherford or Mineral Wells. They are small and "quaint" (I believe) and I know Aledo has a good school district too. Wish I could tell you more.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 AM

57 posts, read 174,971 times
If those "small towns are string together" have names like Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Bedford, Euless, Crowley, Hurst, Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, Benbrook, Azle, Keller, etc you would be better off to think of all these "small towns all strung together" as one metro area with 6+ million people. And living in those "towns" does NOT have small town feel. The previous poster mentioned some cities that are slightly outside the metro area that can have a small town feel if you live in the right area.
Also, as the previous poster mentioned FWISD does not have a good reputation... but there are several other school districts in the area that are excellent. (Aledo & Keller come to mind)

Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM

12,482 posts, read 8,513,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownmama View Post
My first question is, based solely on maps there seem to be a lot of small towns all strung together, in a unable to tell where one ends and the other begins sort of way. Of these smaller towns, do any of them stick out in your mind as being quant, quiet, cute, peaceful, charming? Is that same town feel safe as well?

Also, anyone who works or banks at Wells Fargo in Fort Worth, are they clean, reputable, friendly? My husband works at a Wells Fargo where we are now, and they have fairly high standards for the work place, including no sitting for for the tellers, ties and dress pants, dress shoes, etc. Are these same dress codes and acts present there? (We are hoping yes)

I have read that the schools in Fort Worth are really great... is that true? How do Fort Worthers feel about homeschooling?

Thanks so much for the help.
FWISD is horrible with the exception of Pashcal magnet.
the Private schools are good.
there are several good home school associastion in the area

Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 AM

260 posts, read 281,460 times
If you're looking for a small, peaceful town or a similar atmosphere, you should search outside of Fort Worth proper and its school system.

Regarding your description of a desirable town, several places come to mind. Aledo, southwest of Fort Worth, has an excellent school system and beautiful land. It seems to be growing rapidly, however.

Also, Joshua is about a 30- to 35-minute drive from downtown Fort Worth, with the population still under 7,000 (I believe). Some people on Hwy 174 (the main drag) haven't seemed to grasp the art of driving, but overall the area is very pleasant. I don't know much about Joshua ISD, however.

Also, check out Azle, just northwest of Fort Worth with a little over 10,000 residents. Eagle Mountain Lake is nearby, and the school system is very good.

I'll also suggest Weatherford, which is further away from Fort Worth (west on I-20). Tons of open land.

If you're set on Fort Worth, I've heard from many that Paschal is the best public high school; I'm not knowledgable about the private schools...

Hope I helped in some way

Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 AM

Thanks everyone! I have done a little more digging since this post.

Quote:
you would be better off to think of all these "small towns all strung together" as one metro area with 6+ million people.
We lived in San Diego, and it had conjoined cities... I really rather meant 'small cities' the word town and city are interchangable with me, just because of where i live currently =p Sorry about that. Any who, I imagine it may be simular to the way San Deigo was? If so, thats kind of what we are looking for.

I have found North Richland Hills to be an interesting place, though i hear the traffic is really bad? Also I recently found out an old highschool friend of mine is living in Saginaw. So those two places seem highest on my list. I havent looked much into Saginaw yet though.

EDIT: Looks like the Wells Fargo near Saginaw is closed. So thats probably not the best option?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:14 AM

9,505 posts, read 19,515,952 times
NRH is a nice place to live. I work there. There is a big Wells Fargo on Blvd. 26 and I'm sure there are others, too. Evey kind of shopping and restaurant you could want is nearby, and you're just a 20-minute drive from downtown Fort Worth and the museums.

Saginaw is OK. 5 years ago it was just farmland so the infrastructure is still catching up. it is also a long way from major shopping and restaurants, but I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:30 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,093,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownmama View Post
Thanks everyone! I have done a little more digging since this post.

We lived in San Diego, and it had conjoined cities... I really rather meant 'small cities' the word town and city are interchangable with me, just because of where i live currently =p Sorry about that. Any who, I imagine it may be simular to the way San Deigo was? If so, thats kind of what we are looking for.

I have found North Richland Hills to be an interesting place, though i hear the traffic is really bad? Also I recently found out an old highschool friend of mine is living in Saginaw. So those two places seem highest on my list. I havent looked much into Saginaw yet though.

EDIT: Looks like the Wells Fargo near Saginaw is closed. So thats probably not the best option?

NRH is an excellent area. I have friends who live there and I always enjoy going there. They love it there too.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM

3,029 posts, read 10,447,534 times
schools in NRH (Birdville ISD & KellerISD) will be much betterthan in Saginaw.

Traffc isn't too bad there areas that bottleneck and get backed up during peak times, but nothing awful.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Thanks everyone! I think North Richland Hills is probably where we will end up. The more I look the more I think it is a good fit. Now im looking into apartments. Its nice that most places seem pet friendly. Thats not something you find out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or