U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 AM

25 posts, read 63,350 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm a newbie who is moving to the DFW area from out of state and am clueless about pools. We'll soon be renting a home in Arlington or Mansfield (renting b/c we expect to only be there for two years). We've seen a lot of great homes on line and can't wait to get down there to view them in person Here's my question...should we "take the plunge" and rent a house with a backyard pool? My three Kids (school age, decent swimmers) and hubby are all for it (hubby thinks we'll want to do lots of entertaining of family and friends). I'm hesitant because I'll be the one who's in charge of lifeguard duty and cleaning it unless we can negotiate maintenance service into our lease. OR...should we just find a house in a neighborhood with a great neighborhood pool (kids could meet new friends there)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Katea

P.S. Hubby's job will be in Arlington (near med center) so that's why we've decided on renting in Arlington or Mansfield. If you have any opinions regarding Arlington Classics Academy or Boren Elementary in Mansfield, PLEASE feel free to chime in with opinions on those schools too...but that's another thread completely...ha ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 AM

1,550 posts, read 2,958,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katea View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm a newbie who is moving to the DFW area from out of state and am clueless about pools. We'll soon be renting a home in Arlington or Mansfield (renting b/c we expect to only be there for two years). We've seen a lot of great homes on line and can't wait to get down there to view them in person Here's my question...should we "take the plunge" and rent a house with a backyard pool? My three Kids (school age, decent swimmers) and hubby are all for it (hubby thinks we'll want to do lots of entertaining of family and friends). I'm hesitant because I'll be the one who's in charge of lifeguard duty and cleaning it unless we can negotiate maintenance service into our lease. OR...should we just find a house in a neighborhood with a great neighborhood pool (kids could meet new friends there)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Katea

P.S. Hubby's job will be in Arlington (near med center) so that's why we've decided on renting in Arlington or Mansfield. If you have any opinions regarding Arlington Classics Academy or Boren Elementary in Mansfield, PLEASE feel free to chime in with opinions on those schools too...but that's another thread completely...ha ha!
I think pools are great but maintenance can be a headache. Since you are only renting, try your hands at it ( meaning maintain it yourself) if after a period of time it's too much work on you, you can always get a pool service to do the cleaning and you and kids just enjoy. The benefit I see here is that you are only renting; you get to see if that is something you might want to have or not have when you do purchase a home.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,183 times
I am looking to add a pool to my backyard. I can't afford an in-ground, so I'm looking at above-ground models. When in the season should I install? Do I have to wait for end of May?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM

27,453 posts, read 44,947,050 times
ABOVE GROUND POOLS--you need to check with your HOA statutes if you live in HOA neighborhood==
some don't allow above ground pools...

Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 PM

29,923 posts, read 34,526,470 times
Quote:
out of state and am clueless about pools.
If you don't know what you're doing stay away from pools. They will require skill, work, care, attention. It will probably cost you about $150 a month average in extra costs of chemicals, electricity, etc and can be dangerous if you have small ones.

Most wise people who own rent houses don't buy homes with pools so they may be hard to find.

Find a community or neighborhood pool, you'll be happy you did and your kids will still have a backyard they can play in.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 PM

27,453 posts, read 44,947,050 times
the references to renting house with pool were from the OP in January

the thread was started by someone asking about putting in an above-ground backyard pool--not the same person...

once again--probably would have been much better/on target to start a new thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or