Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM

14 posts, read 34,800 times

Advertisements

Any input on Bear Creek Vista Subdivision, at Alta Vista and Ray White Rd, which is considered Fort Worth but near Keller ? It lists Trinity Springs, Trinity Meadows, and Fossil HS. Comments and/or suggestions on this area would be greatly appreciated !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 AM

4 posts, read 11,564 times
It's a crap-shoot. You have some really great people in the neighborhood, and some really awful ones. All-in-all, I would say it's not worth it, if you have children...the thug kids that are in the neighborhood, and the careless way in which the parents let the kids be thugs (destruction of property, drugs, violence, disturbing the peace)...and they're all just getting older and more experienced. While the great people are really great, I don't think they outweigh the real negatives I have personally witnessed.

If it tells you anything, I just moved from there to Chicago, and I feel safer now.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartag View Post
It's a crap-shoot. You have some really great people in the neighborhood, and some really awful ones. All-in-all, I would say it's not worth it, if you have children...the thug kids that are in the neighborhood, and the careless way in which the parents let the kids be thugs (destruction of property, drugs, violence, disturbing the peace)...and they're all just getting older and more experienced. While the great people are really great, I don't think they outweigh the real negatives I have personally witnessed.

If it tells you anything, I just moved from there to Chicago, and I feel safer now.
Are you serious ?! That bad ?! The area seems decent, tucked away and a small subdivision, I would have never thought that Bear Creek Vista would have major issues ?! Is there anyone else that could provide some additional feedback ? We just put an offer on a house in that neighborhood and I am freaking out !

Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,884,555 times
no not that bad. Probably some renters, and car break-ins petty theft etc....
The area around it is not the best and it's hard to get in and out of

Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM

358 posts, read 1,075,082 times
I agree with 5stones. I know people in that neighborhood and I've never heard anything like what Dartag is speaking about. Because of the price points and the economy, I suspect there are a few more rentals in that neighborhood than others and perhaps car break-ins but not much more than that.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM

I really do appreciate all the feedback. Its a scary thing moving from out of state to an area you dont know very well. We did fly out there and check out the neighborhoods and did like Keller and although we werent crazy about Golden Triangle, I had read that it will be under construction which will be bad for a little while but I think a good thing in the end.

I was wrong about the high school, I read on the realtors listing that it is Fossil Ridge, but it is actually Timbercreek. I see it is a new school and I hope it will be good....

Here's to crossing my fingers that the area will continue to improve and we don't have to sell in 3 years !

Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,884,555 times
The improvements of Golden Triangle will make a HUGE difference in that area. But Alta Vista is horrible as well.
Took me FOREVER to get from Caprock Elem (right next to Timber Creek HS) to 377 the other day. That area just can't handle the ammount of traffic that those two schools has brought. I sat on Alta Vista for 4 light cycles beofre ever making it onto golden Triangle.

The new HS is BEAUTIFUL!!

The area has a HUGE socio-economic range and the schools over there have some BIG challenges but the district is really throwing alot of attention and resources to make them thrive.
Caprock elementary has been having a tough go since opening but hopefully thier efforts will pay off...they home some great Teachers who are really dedicated.

PM me if you have direct questions about KISD.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 PM

I took a look at Alta Vista on google maps, not a very big road at all. I can imagine that being a nightmare and given the intermediate, middle school, high school and elementary are located off of Alta Vista, it should be interesting ....

We are from Virginia and live in a very congested area, and although we live in a nice, pretty safe neighborhood, there is a lot of crime not too far away. I work 11 miles away and it takes me 25 minutes on a normal day, 40 minutes with traffic. So, I am hoping that my commute won't be any further than that.

Have they even started working on Golden Triangle yet ? I have been trying to find photo's of construction work to get an idea....

Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 AM

Default Really???

I HAVE to guess that the other responders are people who either don't watch, or don't care. I was trying to keep it to non-specifics, but let me share some of my personal experiences:

One nearby neighbor with five kids running around at all hours, with music and numerous friends of all ages who just don't care. This same group of kids was running up and kicking my house, using my property as a spring board for stunts...not their own house (because they knew they'd get in trouble for THAT), but MINE.

Kids across the street started a garage band, only they felt it unnecessary to keep it confined to the garage. They opened the door up for the world to hear, and didn't care what time it was...and their amps go to eleven. This is the same group of kids who urinated on the house next door.

The house behind me had spotlights for their back yard...not pointed down, but pointed straight out...one straight into our bedroom, and the OTHER straight into my infant's bedroom! They would leave these lights on all hours of the night, not knowing (or not caring, not sure which) they were still on. They have even left for the night and left these lights on.

This same house had numerous hooligan children. They would take rocks out of their own flower bed, and chuck them over the house, not caring what they hit behind their house. Some hit houses behind theirs (luckily no windows were broken), and some sailed past the houses to hit cars in the driveway! If there was any structure to these kids' lives, they would make great baseball players. The only way I caught them was because I was working in my garage and saw the rock explode in my driveway right between my cars, and ran around the block in time to catch them red-handed.

Anyone else know about the 15-year-old from BCV that got physically involved...yep, adult relationship...with the woman in the neighborhood?

Except for the 15-year-old that I heard about, this is all personal experience. Of COURSE we've had our share of car break-ins...all neighborhoods do. My mind never even went there. For our small neighborhood, the items I listed above are an extreme amount of very bad things (and I have MORE that I didn't list!). I can't imagine too many other neighborhoods have this percentage of overly-bad behavior.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 AM

Default traffic

The issue with traffic is mostly school-related, and the fact that it's still mostly 2-lane road for the streets surrounding BCV. It's not just the nearby schools that are the issue; the school district's bus parking area is just North of Golden Triangle and Alta Vista, at Keller-Hicks and Alta Vista. All of those buses coming and going at the same time that everyone else is trying to get to work makes the BCV-to-Golden Triangle trip a nightmare (along with the previously-mentioned extremely short light cycle. You almost have to take the back roads to make any progress, which is still nightmarish (only slightly less so), and is actually better than it used to be since the Ray White and Beach intersection is now mostly finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth