U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM

604 posts, read 1,104,819 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I just got back from Ft Worth, and it looks like I have a good shot getting the job offer with FWPD. So I need some advice on apartments. My academy will be 6-7 months and is located on Calvert St near downtown so I do not want to be too far from there with traffic and all.

While I was down there I looked at the apartments the Bellagio, Amesbury Court, and The Horizons at Fossil Creek. I believe all 3 apartments are located Haltom City on or around Beach Street. Is this a good area to live around? Any info on these apartments? They all had 2bed 2bath going for around $750. I'd like to keep my budget around 700-1000 a month. If you have any other recommendations, please list them, thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 PM

11 posts, read 21,344 times
Hope you fall in love with Fort Worth! There is so much to see and do here. The apartment complex and area you mention are not bad areas but your monthly budget should allow you to be in a more convenient setting to the academy and some of the best in what Fort Worth has to offer. There are a lot of move in specials being offered by apartment complexes right now Moderator cut: not allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-27-2010 at 11:48 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 PM

I've heard downtown apartments have been building up as well, however are they really expensive?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

165 posts, read 331,518 times
There's the new Lincoln Park apartments just being completed in the 500 block of Samuels Avenue near Belknap Street and within walking distance of the courthouse. However, I've heard the larger apartments on the west side of the street with downtown and river views lease at $2k a month or more. Perhaps there are some efficiency or studios more within your price range. (and since they are just now opened, probably offer some kind of rent incentives as well) As Amanda says, the downtown area has had a tremendous increase in residential units in the past five years so finding something within your target price range while still close to your destination shouldn't be too difficult. My family and I have lived in the near downtown area for 20 years and have loved it. Fort Worth has one of the most viable downtowns anywhere and is only getting better with each new project being completed. Congratulations on your career decision and here's hoping it fulfills all of your wishes. Fort Worth police are some of the friendliest and best anywhere and with their citizen involvement in the Citizens On Patrol ("COPS") neighborhood crime reduction programs, have seen great success in recent years.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrest View Post
There's the new Lincoln Park apartments just being completed in the 500 block of Samuels Avenue near Belknap Street and within walking distance of the courthouse. However, I've heard the larger apartments on the west side of the street with downtown and river views lease at $2k a month or more. Perhaps there are some efficiency or studios more within your price range. (and since they are just now opened, probably offer some kind of rent incentives as well) As Amanda says, the downtown area has had a tremendous increase in residential units in the past five years so finding something within your target price range while still close to your destination shouldn't be too difficult. My family and I have lived in the near downtown area for 20 years and have loved it. Fort Worth has one of the most viable downtowns anywhere and is only getting better with each new project being completed. Congratulations on your career decision and here's hoping it fulfills all of your wishes. Fort Worth police are some of the friendliest and best anywhere and with their citizen involvement in the Citizens On Patrol ("COPS") neighborhood crime reduction programs, have seen great success in recent years.
Thanks for the post! Yeah I have been hearing good things about FWPD. I had to pick between them and Dallas (however I only hear negatives about Dallas PD).

I hear there is some trinity river project going on? How do you see this downtown looking in a few years? Do you think this city is going to expand a lot?

Definitely going to research some apartments in that area, although 2k definitely alittle too much for me at the moment

Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 AM

9,507 posts, read 19,515,952 times
Congrats! FWPD is MUCH better than DPD. You won't regret joining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or