U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:05 PM

4,000 posts, read 6,925,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I won't say that ALL districts are "constantly" realigning boundaries especially for high schools--but Keller ISD has had such a flux of new growth and construction that it has certainly gone through more redistricting than most
some of that was unavoidable but the district and the communities just went about it in a way designed to upset people...
realtors don't help either by not telling people about possibilities for realigning...
but to be fair lots of homes sold in the large developments were not sold through realtors but through the sales offices of the builders--which is totally a different kettle of fish...
Keller and Southlake offer no diversity. Not my cup of tea of a town to relocate too.

Last edited by kdogg817; 02-16-2010 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,109 times
Default Crawford Farms and Woodland Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom85 View Post
Hi,

My family and I are looking at moving from Arlington to Keller. We have driven out there the past 3 weekends looking at neighborhoods.

We really like Crawford Farms and the Villages of Woodland Springs. I like the ammenities that those neighborhoods offer. I can see that there are a lot of industrial buildings near there, but that does not bother us.

Can anyone please give me some advice about that area? I want to know all I can about the area before we build or buy a home there. Any information about the area is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,
Txmom85,
I have sold both of those neighborhoods. Both are great. Woodland Springs is a little newer and much larger. Crawford Farms is also very nice.
They both have excellent Keller Schools. The industrial blgs are in the area, but I do not believe that has a negative effect on the area.

I would suggest that you plan to stay in the area for at least 5 years before reselling because of the number of homes currently on the market in the area. Just buy with your eye wide open and with a good agent and you should be very happy.

DiAnne Arnette, KELLER WILLIAMS
[url=http://www.diannearnette.com]www.diannearnette.com[/url]

Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM

27,511 posts, read 44,973,761 times
there are people of color in both locations--Keller obviously has more divergence in income/education levels of residents than Southlake but people don't move to Southlake looking for diversity...that is the whole point of its success in the past 10 yrs...

Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM

121 posts, read 358,311 times
Yep. Saratoga is in Ft. Worth. :-) Northwest ISD has pockets in Ft. Worth, Flower Mound, Justin, Haslet. I am sure there are other small towns that it touches as well. I just love the progressive attitude of this up and coming school district. All the best in your home search. I am sure that Keller proper has some amazing schools too.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
there are people of color in both locations--Keller obviously has more divergence in income/education levels of residents than Southlake but people don't move to Southlake looking for diversity...that is the whole point of its success in the past 10 yrs...
My point exactly. Those areas are not progressive areas and should be callled out for it. They are more concerned about keeping up with the Joneses. There wealth is marginal at best compared to places like Ridgelea, Highland Park, University Park etc...The real wealth of DFW

Last edited by kdogg817; 02-16-2010 at 11:04 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM

27,511 posts, read 44,973,761 times
Those areas are not progressive areas ...meaning Southlake and Keller--
friend from where I sit--the entire state of Texas could not logically be called "progressive" and even in areas like Austin which is supposedly "progressive" there are just as many died-in-the-wool conservatives longing to have the same demographics throughout the town as you might think are in Keller or Southlake...
I am not going to debate old money vs new money--because IMO old money is vastly more conservative or at least as conservative in many ways as new money is--otherwise it would not be "old"...

Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,447,534 times
Keller ISD is very diverse.

Keller the city has quite a bit of diversity as well.
Keller and Southlake are VERY different, Keller has a much wider socio-economic base. Apartments, alot of small older houses, etc...
I'd say just based on the schools that the city of Keller is aprox 75% white.

Is it the most diverse in the area NO.
But I think you would be surprised if you went through some of the schools to see just how diverse they are and what a great job alot of the teachers are doing. When you have to ask kids when the last time they ate was and they tell you...yesterday at lunch. And they take home 1/2 of thier lunch to share with family members etc... It is not an area of total privledge.
We have schools that are less than 50% white and have over 30% disadvantaged. Believe it or not there are a couple of elementary schools where the white students are in the minority. NOW... most of these are in Ft Worth and not in "Keller proper" But all are in Keller ISD.

Here's all the areas school districts..% of white kids
Keller district 68%.
Carroll (southlake)...87%
Northwest 74%
Grapevine Colleyville 73%
HEB 51%
Birdville 56%

Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Those areas are not progressive areas ...meaning Southlake and Keller--
friend from where I sit--the entire state of Texas could not logically be called "progressive" and even in areas like Austin which is supposedly "progressive" there are just as many died-in-the-wool conservatives longing to have the same demographics throughout the town as you might think are in Keller or Southlake...
I am not going to debate old money vs new money--because IMO old money is vastly more conservative or at least as conservative in many ways as new money is--otherwise it would not be "old"...
I agree...

Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 PM

427 posts, read 828,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom85 View Post
That is too funny, we will also be living on Holliday Dr! We had the choice between Holliday and Cassidy, but we just liked Holliday much more. There are some adorable homes on that street! Our home will be ready in June. My husband has a co-worker that is building on that street as well.

I will be at Texas Women's. I've considered UNT for their Behavior Analysis department though.
Welcome to the neighborhood! I live one street over - we relocated from Chicago last June. I love living in this neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth