U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 36,660 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family and I are looking at moving from Arlington to Keller. We have driven out there the past 3 weekends looking at neighborhoods.

We really like Crawford Farms and the Villages of Woodland Springs. I like the ammenities that those neighborhoods offer. I can see that there are a lot of industrial buildings near there, but that does not bother us.

Can anyone please give me some advice about that area? I want to know all I can about the area before we build or buy a home there. Any information about the area is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 PM

3,029 posts, read 10,443,565 times
well that area is Keller ISD but it's Ft Worth. The big difference is going to be your taxes don't look at city of Keller taxes, look at city of Ft worth. Also for joining the Keller point you don't get a resident discount and I don't think the Keller Citizen newpaper delivers out there.

I really like the Crawford farms neighborhood I just don't like the location, it's a really nice neighborhood but the area around it is not so nice.

Woodland Springs is BIG and has prices all over the place, there were alot of foreclosures there in the past couple of years.

Another thing is construction on Golden Triangle is due to begin this year...in the end it will great but in the time during...traffic will be a nightmare.

If you have to cross the RR tracks back and forth to work everyday, getting stuck by the train might get tiresome and add time to your commute. If not then it's a no biggie.

Schools are good. Not sure if those neighborhoods are still zoned central HS or the new Timbercreek HS.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM

Thank you for the tips! I was already aware of it not being in "true" Keller and that is not an issue for us. The construction though might be a problem, I will definitely look into how it will effect our driving routes (me into downtown Ft. Worth and husband to Grapevine). The foreclosures were another concern of mine. I do not want to move into an area that is going to decline.

What is your opinion on the future of the property values out there?

Also, what is Keller proper like? We have really only explored the areas west of 377.

Thank you again!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,811,166 times
I have friends that live in both communities. They both love it there and I would say that my friends live in Crawford Farms have very upgraded homes, but its really hard to park on the street when we do get togethers because their street is very narrow and everyone seems to park on the street.

My friends in VOWS live in a bigger, but less upgraded home and it is nice. They are very convenient to their jobs, so I know that is what makes it nice for them,

The YMCA is also very convenient and they have Big Sky for soccer and basketball. We don't live in the area and even partook of their activities there with them. Its very convenient, but the houses are close together in what you would find in bigger communities like that.

VOWS also is more spread out and they have quite a few different parks within the community and they are building in some of the various retail structures.

You may also try looking in Heritage. Same type of community but built a smarter in my opinion. Easy to navigate. Great schools all throughout. VOWS and CF are both "Keller" addresses, but I think are serviced by Fort Worth. They might have changed that since we looked a few years back.

We seriously considered moving to Heritage, but then opted for more of a country feel (more house/property and less taxes vs convenience).

Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM

I too like the "feel" of Heritage, I think the planning and the location are just sooo much better than VOWS. also note that some parts of VOWS are very close to the RR tracks. That may or may not bother you.

Aslo for communting into Grapevine keep in mind that the DFW connector road work is starting so 114/121 area will probably be a mess (if going into North Grapevine)

Old 01-27-2010, 02:26 AM

27,436 posts, read 44,934,740 times
was in Stacy's furniture in Grapevine today and there was a flyer posted on outside door about a meeting in February to discuss the construction going on for the freeway connectors
the grapevine chamber of commerce was sponsoring it and you had to had reservation--charging $15--supposedly because it is for businesses more than ordinary people--and the chamber has expenses--
I called--it was not a public awareness/public service type of meeting--

Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM

Thanks again everyone for the tips! We are going to visit Heritage this weekend. I don't know why we did not look there to begin with. I like the Cape Cod style houses that DR Horton builds.

Would you say that the neighborhood is kept up pretty well? My main complaints about our neighborhood now are that the neighbors do not take care of their yards, and there is not really a family/community feel to it.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom85 View Post

Would you say that the neighborhood is kept up pretty well? My main complaints about our neighborhood now are that the neighbors do not take care of their yards, and there is not really a family/community feel to it.
Yes, I would say extremely well. I think htye have a pretty strict HOA.

Once you go out there and drive around I think you will like the community flow much better than VOWs.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,637,071 times
I live in trinity at heritage (the cape cod homes) and I love it! The houses seem to be going really fast though as we built ours 3 months ago and already they have built up and almost sold the whole street behind us. (However there are two houses that surround my house that haven't sold yet!...Probably because they don't have a front porch and most families in that neighborhood want one). My wife and I looked all over crawford farms/VOW (we tried to buy two homes in crawford farms, but the first ended up having black mold, and the second the seller wasn't willing to budge his price more than $1000)... Both were fairly nice, but no where near as good as the heritage area. One of the problems I found with Golden Triangle was that it was only a two lane road-- and at night expect it to be quite dangerous to drive as it is not well lit. Also in the Golden Triangle area you are pretty far from stores-- while at heritage you are right next to tons of stores! The Heritage area just looks a lot newer and nicer as well.

If you do decide to buy in Heritage make sure you bargain with DR Horton. Don't just pay whatever the builder tells you it costs. If you want to buy one of the homes they have already built then you would probably get a better deal.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Cyclone-we are not looking to move until the end of June, so the existing homes will probably be sold by then! We were hoping to get started on the building process soon though. The Cheldan homes salesperson said he could give us 4% off the price or 4% in upgrades to the home, so I am hoping to use that as bargaining with the DR Horton builders. I personally think they can do better than that though!

I am glad that everyone has good things to say about Heritage! I especially like the Cape Cod homes, they are adorable and not something you see that often around here. The landscaping package that comes with the homes also looks like a really good deal!

5Stones, what neighborhood do you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth