U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,186 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of relocating from Chicago, IL to Fort Worth. I'm currently a nursing student and am looking into transferring to TCU, as their program seems to suit what I'm looking for.

My boyfriend is from California and we're looking for a place where we can both be happy. He rodeos, and is looking for something more small town, while I'm more of a city girl. He's always been interested in living in Texas, at least for awhile, and I'm hoping Fort Worth can be somewhat of a compromise.

What can you tell me about the area, as I'm really not familiar with it. This time of year in Chicago, all I can think about is going somewhere warm with all the snow we've been getting.

Is Fort Worth too big of a city to find any cowboys, or at least is there smaller towns near by where TCU would be within driving distance?

I've heard the cost of living is cheaper there and that there's no state income tax, is this true? I've got so many questions, so hopefully you all can help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM

1,064 posts, read 3,021,094 times
1. We don't get the snow and cold like Chicago does. Yes, it can be cold but you won't be shoveling snow or anything like that. It can be 25 degrees for 2 days and warm up to 70 for the next few days.
2. Fort Worth is not too big of a city to find cowboys. It is the city to "find" cowboys, not so much in Dallas. Northside or the Stockyards is where alot of cowboys tend to hang out.
3. That is right, no state tax and cost of living varies but I would think it would be better but it would depend on where you live.
4. There are smaller towns outside of FW where you see more of a country/rural living.
4. You said you are a city gal....Fort Worth and Dallas are different. Dallas is more cosmopolitian...and bigger. FW is smaller, more relaxed but by no means boring. It has really come along in the past 10 years.
5. Good choice on TCU. Hopefully you will like it. Go Frogs!

Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM

54 posts, read 125,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_od View Post

Is Fort Worth too big of a city to find any cowboys, or at least is there smaller towns near by where TCU would be within driving distance?
I don't think so. I think if your boyfriend loves rodeos then he will love Fort Worth.

Move somewhere near TCU. Based on what you've described, I think Fort Worth is the perfect spot for both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth