U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:58 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,651,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious1111 View Post
This is by far the most helpful post that we have seen. Thank you for putting so much time in writing it. One of our strongest hypotheses was that our income and house budget is actually on the low end of Park Cities. Its one of things we were trying to test out with this posting.
There are a reasonable number of people who "slum" in Highland Park by renting rather than owning. Just be sure to keep it a secret from all the Jonesers.

Also in the Park Cities area you have excellent access to Love Field, even though DFW Airport is basically only a half hour away outside of rush hour.

I lived in Highland Park for one year and found the location and setting to be fantastic, but the one-upmanship of a lot of the residents was annoying. I didn't migrate into their social circles and I was fine with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 PM

32 posts, read 51,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Heck, if I was going to send my kids to FWCD I'd just buy a house in the Tanglewood neighborhood of Fort Worth instead of busing them 25 miles and an hour each way from Southlake to the FWCD in southwest Fort Worth.

There's also the Trinity Valley school in southern Fort Worth that is excellent. I'm less familiar with private schools in Dallas but I've no doubt there are plenty of them considering the wealth in Dallas and the state of the public schools.
I went to Tanglewood Elementary, but was sent to private school for middle school and high school because the public option for the neighborhood weren't high quality like TE.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 AM

27,501 posts, read 44,973,761 times
Middle schools are the problem in FTW ISD--no magnets and poor ratings--no real incentive to put a child in a middle school there--Paschal is really the only high school I would want as well--and that might take being part of the inner-district transfer which is basically a crap shoot some years because there are so few slots...

Old 02-05-2010, 03:09 PM

116 posts, read 357,776 times
Thanks for this post. We are in a very similar situation.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 PM

27,501 posts, read 44,973,761 times
it is so strange that FTW can put together some good elementary schools -magnet and local, but especially the magnet ones--and then the junior highs pretty much fall off the scale for testing...
the district is just cuttings its own throat when you think about it--
maybe the new all girl school will be one sort of answer--but what about the boys???
looks like they could do a math/science academy or a college prep but think the schools are trying to keep any of their better caliber students and view a magnet as too much competition by draining off decent students...
really whaty they need are magnets that target the low-level, under achievers and do some good there...

Old 02-07-2010, 06:53 PM

3,467 posts, read 6,816,466 times
loves2read....that was one hell of a post

Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM

33 posts, read 120,657 times
Wow try not to give a little bit to much info on your financial background online next time you just cant risk giving out so much info.you should include what size and amount of home your searching for.First and foremost we live in Keller Texas in the Woodland Springs master planned community this place has natural springs everywhere!I can walk to my garage grab my fishing pole and walk across the street and im fishing for bass!Just little fresh water springs but great for kids and there are wild Canadien Geese abd other ducks here in our pond always absolutely remarkable the homes here range from the 100k - 1mill im sure if you need that.As for Southlake we do spend alot of time @ Southlake town square as does everyone but its only 10 min. drive away and beautiful.But its way overpriced now i do have family that lives there with buisinesses and dont get me wrong dont know where you live know but its true everything in Texas is bigger and your best bang for your buck in a home is in Texas.We enjoy no payroll state taxes something like that.Keller has been voted number #7 best place to live by cnbc and i might brag but my wifes salon has been voted the best salon in Keller this past year and i know your beautiful wife would appreaciate that its at the Art House in Keller called Avalon Designs Salon ask for Julie the people are amazing!you will always find people walking trails,exercising running jogging biking everything here in the city its a beautiful thing to see.Its like the whole city here everything is practically brand new from schools to dinners you name it if they dont have it its within 20 min of everthing.Including the new Cowboy stadium even if you dont like the cowboys it is truely as big as the pyramids!So do your reaseach and enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth