U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 02:32 PM

6 posts, read 19,381 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm planning on relocating from San Diego to the Burleson or surrounding areas. I love San Diego but to make a long story short, it's just basically time to relocate! I have a cousin who lives in Burleson and he loves it. I've been doing my research and plan on going out there in April to visit before I actually make the move. I just thought it would be nice to hear from people who are "natives" of the area. I am a single mom of a daughter who will be starting kindergarten this year and I work in the health care field. Any and all information on safe/quiet neighborhoods, good schools, and any names of hospitals, doctor offices (Urology or GYN) would be greatly appreciated

Oh and are there any good gyms, dance studios in the area??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 AM

1,064 posts, read 3,023,966 times
See some posts below or run a search on Burleson. There are alot of links for what you are looking for. There is Huguley and there are also some hospitals/clinics run by THR (Texas Health Resources). There is one in Cleburne, Burleson, southwest FW and FW. I don't know much about the schools so I will let someone else give you their opinion on them.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 PM

2,241 posts, read 3,508,085 times
I drive through Burleson all the time and I can't say that it is particularly attractive. There may be some nice parts of it that I haven't found. But if you are moving to the DFW area with no particular contacts or connections then you might want to expand your horizons a bit wider. Most of the growth is happening on the north side of the metroplex rather than the south side. And on the south side, Mansfield seems to be a more happening place than Burleson. But what do I know. I don't live there.

But if it were me I'd be looking at a variety of places rather than just settle on one town like Burleson from afar.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM

260 posts, read 281,493 times
I agree with texasdiver in that you should look at MANY places around DFW before settling on one. Each city, suburb, and town has a feel of its own.

I have lived in Burleson for 20 years. While it's only a 25-minute drive or less to downtown Ft. Worth, it manages to feel like "a suburb in the country". Residents are very friendly. You run into people you know pretty much everywhere in town, yet there are still plenty of new people to meet. The Browns Mountain/Brushy Mound neighborhood has very nice, older homes. The new Plantation subdivision is attractive and very much family-oriented. There is a gated-access neighboorhood pool, and all the kids and parents know each other. It's a very comfortable and fun environment for kids!

There are nine elementary schools in Burleson ISD, and several have recently been rated "Exemplary" by the Texas Education Agency. I know Hajek Elementary has been rated Exemplary in the 2008-09 year, and Stribling has as well. If you haven't already, I would browse www.burlesonisd.net for more info about the schools, and www.greatschools.org for parent ratings and comments.

As for hospitals, Huguley Medical Center is in Burleson. Texas Health Harris Methodist has several locations, including downtown Fort Worth, Southwest FW, Hurst-Euless-Bedford (the "mid-cities"), and Cleburne. The Harris system has highly-ranked facilities and staff.

Unfortunately I don't have much info about gyms or dance studios. At Huguley Fitness Center, there are many fitness areas including a women's room, pool and outdoor track. There are also a number of dance/cheer/tumbling studios for children and teens.

Like texasdiver suggested, you might also want to check out Mansfield for its proximity to Fort Worth and Arlington, and they have many more amenities. Burleson, however, maintains a more "small town" atmosphere.

Hope I helped!

Last edited by DFWAg; 02-14-2010 at 10:45 PM..

Old 02-14-2010, 10:46 PM

8,372 posts, read 8,448,216 times
If you are a native San Diegan you may have a tough time....but Burleson is okay.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,933 times
Hi ! I am excited you have thought about Burleson and the surrounding areas. I want to tell you about the "secret" area my hubby and I found while looking for homes 10 years ago ...Rendon ! It is not officially a town but sits in between Mansfield and Burleson. It is a pocket of county land that has not been incorporated into a city yet. ("no town" ) It is usually served by Mansfield Independent School District (well rated) but has a Burleson address. We love it ! We get Mansfield ISD for our kids and love the Elementary out here - lots of parent involvement ! It has a nice mix of socioeconomics and the people know each other ! I know everyone in my subdivision and my kids play outside with other kids every day... We moved from Arlington and they couldn't do that there ! Hubby commutes to Dallas everyday and I have a small business located 5 mins from the house.
It is equidistant (is that a word) from the grocery in Mansfield (TARGET 7miles) and ALBERTSONS in Burleson...I am 10 minutes from Kohls, ross, JCpenney, and every restaurant you could imagine. Fort Worth and culture is not that far with Bass Hall and Sundance Square if I am feeling Artsy Fartsy as my hubby calls it ! I couldn't ask for anything else...My kids can ride horses with the neighbor kids and I get to live in a subdivision with great neighbors and a house that I love...we looked for over a year before we decided on this area. So explore Rendon and if you want more info or have questions ..please post and I would be happy help any way I can !

Michelle in Rendon

Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 AM

17 posts, read 49,850 times
I live in far SE Arlington and can throw a rock into Mansfield. Mansfield, Rendon and Burleson are all nice areas. I has some friends that lived just inside the Johnson County part of Burleson and they loved it. You can get slightly better electricity rates through the Johnson Co Electric Co-Op as opposed to TXU if you are in Tarrant Co. As DFWAg said, Burleson has a good school district and it is still a small town. You'll love going to Babe's Chicken House in the small downtown area of Burleson, lunch is easier to get in than supper is most of the time.

My wife has a female GYN in FTW who she really likes, Dr Jacquin Matthews.
Matthews Bradford and Robbins MDs
851 West Terrell Avenue
Fort Worth, TX, 76104(817) 926-4118

Most all the hospitals in FTW are really good and Harris Methodist is top-notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or