U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 AM

18 posts, read 166,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamber View Post
Yikes! I think I live in that same area as you and I'd rather not be annexed by FW! what good could this bring?
Oh, I totally agree with you jcamber! None of us want to be annexed by Ft. Worth, either. We feel the only reason they're doing this is because they want additional taxpayers to add to their city. Our neighborhood has been having meetings on this with councilmen, etc. and the only "good" that we have been informed about is ((drumroll & rim shot)) ... a Fort Worth Library Card.

Due to all the meetings with the councilmen, I think they agreed to hold off the annexation until 2015 (if I'm not mistaken).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM

6 posts, read 6,763 times
Mansfield, TX is a great place to live. Rated #24 on Money Magazine list out of 100. Email me at jcoubarous@gmail.com

Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM

43 posts, read 144,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grlpisces View Post
Oh, I totally agree with you jcamber! None of us want to be annexed by Ft. Worth, either. We feel the only reason they're doing this is because they want additional taxpayers to add to their city. Our neighborhood has been having meetings on this with councilmen, etc. and the only "good" that we have been informed about is ((drumroll & rim shot)) ... a Fort Worth Library Card.

Due to all the meetings with the councilmen, I think they agreed to hold off the annexation until 2015 (if I'm not mistaken).
Interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in? Lately, I've been very interested in Fort Worth annexations. On the City of Fort Worth website, an annexation plan and policy is given highlighting potential areas that may be annexed in the next few years. Check it out!

Welcome to the City of Fort Worth, Texas

There's even a map showing what areas may be annexed and what years they this is likely. Do you live in one of the highlighted areas?

Sadly enough, even if you oppose annexation, there is little you can do about it if the City of Fort Worth decides to proceed with it.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM

3,029 posts, read 10,447,534 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grlpisces
in an area of Keller that will be annexed by Fort Worth in a few years

Yikes! I think I live in that same area as you and I'd rather not be annexed by FW! what good could this bring?
What area of the city of Keller are you talking about? I don't think there is ANY. It may be an area in Keller ISD, but not in Keller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth