Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:16 PM

5 posts, read 8,137 times

Advertisements

Having gone to high school in southwest Arlington, I had several friends who had parents working at Lockheed. If safety and location are top priority, I would suggest looking into Dalworthington Gardens. If that is too far for work, Benbrook, south of Fort Worth would be a very safe choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 17,467 times
Thank you very much everyone for the helpful info. I am very appreciative of the time you took for the responses. To answer a few of the questions...
-My wife plans on staying at home after our child is born, so recommending daytime activities is a great idea
-I fly around the US for work, and mostly out of DFW. I don't mind traveling a little distance to get to the airport when I do.
-Price is not a big factor right now...I would spend what it takes to get in a safe area and have a piece of mind while my family is at home without me.
-My wife has chosen an OBGYN thanks to some recommendations from coworkers, but thanks for the hospital recommendation.

It sounds like Aledo has a good reputation at least. I was definately a little weary of the traffic coming from North FW. I moved from St. Louis where the traffic is a nightmare, so I would definately like to keep my sanity and avoid traffic down here.

What are some opinions on the Ridglea area? We found a nice condo there with a fenced yard. I like the idea of being so close to the curltural district. Definately a cool place!!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,758,301 times
My brother and sister in law moved to St. Louis 2 years ago and they cannot wait to get back to Texas. They don't hate St. Louis but they hate the traffic and snow.

I don't know a whole lot about the area but I love the how Camp Bowie/7th St has bricks. My grandmother grew up in the area and she has always liked it, of course that was a long time ago. When I was in college, we used to frequent the area since there are alot of restaurants and we never felt unsafe. The Ridglea Country Club is nice, I have been there for several wedding receptions. I have several friends that live over there and they love it since there are so many amenities close by. I guess I just really like the ambiance of the area. I am not into cookie cutter subdivisions.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 PM

119 posts, read 215,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot22 View Post
What are some opinions on the Ridglea area? We found a nice condo there with a fenced yard. I like the idea of being so close to the curltural district. Definately a cool place!!
My husband and I live in Ridglea North and we love the neighborhood. However, it does have some crime issues, especially of late. According to our NPO, we're averaging 2 burglaries per week, but I think that includes the businesses along Camp Bowie. A few weeks ago, my neighbor experienced a home invasion where two men kicked in her backdoor at midnight and robbed her at gunpoint. That's rare, but nevertheless it happened.

FWPD uses CrimeMapping.com to show crime stats, it's a great resource. However, using the website you'll quickly discover that crime is everywhere, especially burglaries. The only exception I've found are gated communities, which are pretty much burglary free.

In Ridglea North, it's hard to find space. We live in 1300 sq ft, which is as much house as we could afford. We're definitely feeling the crunch! Also, the school nearby is not great.

If you can afford it, I think Tanglewood is a great place to be (great public school there too). Tanglewood is an established neighborhood with mature trees and Overton Park connects to the Trinity Trails, which is a big plus.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,386 times
How long of a commute would it be from Aledo to downtown fort worth?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santizoj View Post
How long of a commute would it be from Aledo to downtown fort worth?
I know someone who used to live out there and made that same commute; I remember he said it took him about 30 minutes to get door to door, but this was in 2008. It may be worse now.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 11,663 times
Default May have to move to FW Lockheed from Central NY... bit nervous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot22 View Post
Thank you very much everyone for the helpful info. I am very appreciative of the time you took for the responses. To answer a few of the questions...
-My wife plans on staying at home after our child is born, so recommending daytime activities is a great idea
-I fly around the US for work, and mostly out of DFW. I don't mind traveling a little distance to get to the airport when I do.
-Price is not a big factor right now...I would spend what it takes to get in a safe area and have a piece of mind while my family is at home without me.
-My wife has chosen an OBGYN thanks to some recommendations from coworkers, but thanks for the hospital recommendation.

It sounds like Aledo has a good reputation at least. I was definately a little weary of the traffic coming from North FW. I moved from St. Louis where the traffic is a nightmare, so I would definately like to keep my sanity and avoid traffic down here.

Where did you guys finally settle down? They are thinking of closing the Lockheed Martin Syracuse plant and we may need to relocate to DFW area... We have 2 boys and I need a safe/good schools area to move to. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth