U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 AM
tab tab started this thread

3 posts, read 9,361 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Colleyville in the end of June and am in need of information on high quality preschools in the Colleyville area. I called a preschool referred to me by a co-worker called Creme De Le Creme which I was very impressed with from their website, but they could not even give a September entry date. My two older boys will be attending The Oakridge School in Arlington so I would prefer something in that general direction. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 AM

27,535 posts, read 44,987,445 times
have daughter whose best friend has her elem ed degree and is teaching at the Primrose day-care off Central and Cheek-Sparger in Bedford--she has the preschool/kindergarten class and I know she is good teacher...can't speak for facility as a whole...

Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM

11 posts, read 54,066 times
Are there many home based daycare's in the area? My wife does that here in Illinois. She just watches a couple kids plus our two. It allows here to stay at home with our boys but still bring in a small suplemental income. I'm just curious if she would be able to the same in the fort worth area or if it is taboo. It sometimes shocking to see the differences in beliefs and practices from one region to another so was wondering if anyone had any input.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:20 PM

145 posts, read 569,223 times
Consider Barbara Gordon Montessori. My step-sister has sent her three children there over the last five years and they all love the preschool program. In Arlington, there is Country Day School of Arlington Montessori Preschool where my son attended about five years ago and it was great. However, I think Barbara Gordon will be more conveniently located.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:57 AM

27,535 posts, read 44,987,445 times
you mgiht also conside the school that is run by TCC at the Northeast campus in Hurst--it takes certain number of pre-schoolers each year for the certification program they teach...very competitive last time I heard--lab school so to speak--that is right off Harwood and Hwy 26 in Hurst...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:15 AM

493 posts, read 1,612,684 times
tab - Just seen your message from months ago. We are moving to the area in the summer and are also looking at pre-k programs for our twin daughters, just wondering what you found. But also, I'm looking at The Oakridge School in Arlington for my older daughter. I noticed you mentioned your sons were going to attend the school. What do you think about it? Thanks.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM

53 posts, read 220,588 times
The TCC's school has a waiting list years long

There is a preschool program in Colleyville called Highland Meadows that is NAEYC accredited. They actually register new children for fall today so I would hurry and call if you want in. The high quality schools usually have wait lists.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM

43 posts, read 273,955 times
Hi everyone...we moved to the area a while ago and have found a couple of different place to check out. Reading Friends corner hwy 26 and Mid Cities (I think) is a wonderful place. It's only a part time, pre-school - not for working parents that really need full time care, but it's great. I put my daughter there because when we first moved here, I put her in Children's Courtyard and she hated it. Too many kids, too chaotic. Reading Friends is very structured with learning activities...they really get the kids ready for kindergarten. Only draw back is that they only offer 2 days a week for 2 year olds, 3 days a week for 3 year olds and 5 days for the pre-k kids. But they are fantastic and I'm very happy with them. I've checked out Creme in person and they are very nice, but also VERY expensive and full on. It looks good though, just not sure about it - the uniforms, the marching kids, just seems a bit too much! Also check out a World of Learning and Tutor Time in Colleyville. World of Learning is a part time place, but Tutor Time is full day. Good luck! Child care is a big juggling act!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:27 PM

493 posts, read 1,612,684 times
Thanks for that, that is a big help. Its difficult trying to organize stuff when you're not in town.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:52 PM

52 posts, read 164,255 times
There's a Primrose Preschool also just off Hwy 26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or