U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,641,471 times

Advertisements

Keller ISD (1.49%) is higher than Fort Worth ISD (1.32%)
Fort Worth City (0.86%) is higher than Keller City (0.44%)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM

27,585 posts, read 45,029,595 times
thanks for filling in what I was too lazy to search for...

Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,199 times
Is anyone still looking for info on Keller High? My kids have been at Keller-Harvel Elem., Bear Creek Int., Keller Middle and Keller High over the past 3 years. I'd be glad to give you some input if it's still needed!

Old 03-22-2010, 01:16 PM

15 posts, read 46,949 times
Ronik,

yes please provide the informaiton on Keller High and its feeding middle/elementary schools. I am very interested in knowing if consistently every year Keller High has been able to send students to top colleges (Yale, Harvard, etc.), and if the school has emphasis academic achievement enough (not outweight by sports too much. Anything you think worth to mention to a newcomer please share. Thanks.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:36 PM

there is nothing on line that wil tell you where students wind up going to college after graduation--
top colleges for most people around here would be UT Austin or TAMU or maybe Tech
some might go where their scholarships take them
but very few students DESIRE to go to a school like Harvard or Yale

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM

7 posts, read 16,956 times
We are also moving to Texas from NY (upstate) and I'm so depressed - not that there's anything wrong with Texas - it's a great place but I just worry about finding a place to live where my kids will make friends and be as happy as they are here. We're looking at Trophy Club but I'm wondering how Keller is? Southlake would be nice but out of our price range. I have also been looking at basketball leagues for 8 yr olds and there doesn't seem to be much or anything like CYO leagues. Can anyone give me any insight/advice?
thanks!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM

CYO= Catholic Youth organization or City Youth Organization

there are plenty of youth sport assoc for boys and girls
the Y has them, the cities have them, some larger churches might have their own leagues
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....cbaseballtexas
is very popular one

http://www.ci.hurst.tx.us/Departments/Recreation/Youthsports.htm (broken link)

https://www.usssa.com/Sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=971466

http://www.ci.bedford.tx.us/Departments/parks_recreation/youthsports.htm (broken link)

there are youth hocky leagues--ice and roller

Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,453,258 times
you will not have ANY problem finding sports leagues in this area. (It's Texas after all and sports regin supreme! esp football)
I put a few links in here for the other poster reguarding youth basketball...read back a few pages.

Upward is the biggest one I seen around here (through First Baptist church) I see thier car stickers and kids in the neighoborhood play.
The Keller Pointe has all sorts of sport leagues for all ages throughout the year...camps etc...
Northwood chuch in Keller also has lots of sports camps etc... for up to 6th grade.
Keller youth sports has basketball

Now Basketball isn't as prevalient as soccer, football, baseball/softball volleyball but there are leagues and camps offered if you search. Also most of the HS around here run camps during break times for the younger kids. I know they do for football, Tennis, Volleyball and soccer (we aren't a basetball family so I don't pay attention for that)

As for your kids...they are 8, Believe me (we moved ours a few times) they will have no problem finding friends and fitting in etc... Esp if you as parents are constantly lamenting how much you miss your "old friends, neighobrhood town etc..." YOU have to play up the positive(it's hard at first...fake it for your kids) They really do feed off of YOUR enegry and look to you on how to react etc...
You act sad and Depressed about this move THEY will be too!!

Tell them it's going to be great and that it's an adventure, they can keep in touch with thier NY friends and offer to go back as a vacation for a visit etc...
I have done this this with every move...go back and visit. It's amazing how after even 6 mo and making new friends they start to grow apart (esp the younger ones) My HS& MS daughters no longer keeps in touch with anyone (except facebook) with thier old PA friends. But they both have 1 good friend from VA we visit, or fly here etc...

We moved our (youngest was 5) to VA from PA then 2 years later to TX she serously doesn't even remember any school friends from PA just our neighobors who visited etc... and practicly the same with the VA friends...2 years later she really only remebers a couple of girls.

Kids move on and are much more reslient than we are!

Seriously if I can move a kid in hte middle of 6th grade and then again in the middle of 8th grade and they are VERY happy here and have good friends etc... you can easily do it with Elementary aged kids.

trophy club is great and so is Keller... Keller is bigger, so you really need to search out neighborhoods etc...
What is your budget? Keller and Trophy club both have very good schools and TONs of families.
We searched out a neighobrhood that had a community pool...with young kids its a great way to meet others esp in the summer.

wow this turned out long....sorry

Old 03-26-2010, 03:34 PM

to crys5683...you made me feel better. I'm up in the air about where to live when we move to the area this summer. My kids love Trophy Club but it seems to have limited athletics for younger kids (like a basketball program) I like the Keller Pointe but like I said, my family is set on TC (they're golfers). I just hope they'll be happy and make nice friends wherever they are. They're sad to leave their friends here in NY.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Thank you 5stones - you also made me feel better...and no, it wasn't too long! I have been trying to be happy about the move - it's just hard - and I've moved a lot in my life but now with kids - we parents just want the best for them. My 13 year old is excited - esp about the new high school he'll eventually attend. But my younger one is still a bit apprehensive.
PLus my family is all in NY - but they can visit. Are you from PA originally? I have friends that grew up in Erie.
thanks for the sports info and the links - i'll check them out

take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or