U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the area later on this year and am looking at a few areas in particular and they are Justin, Haslet, Northlake general areas and I was wondering how are these areas? Also, I saw that Haslet and Justin are realativly close to Alliance and a large rail yard, is this disrupting? Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM

48 posts, read 103,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comintoTX10 View Post
I will be moving to the area later on this year and am looking at a few areas in particular and they are Justin, Haslet, Northlake general areas and I was wondering how are these areas? Also, I saw that Haslet and Justin are realativly close to Alliance and a large rail yard, is this disrupting? Any help would be great.

I can tell you about Haslet: yes there is a huge railyard there and it is disrupting because there are at least 8 tracks that have activity constantly and the horns blow frequently (every 1.5 hours and more). During the daytime if you have your tv turned up you don't even notice it but at night it is really irritating, unless you are a deep sleeper. There are some homes whose backyard literally backs up to the tracks and I don't know how they handle it, but I have noticed that some of those homes are for sale.

As far as Alliance airport goes, I hardly hear the planes from inside the house. Only about once a week does the house rattle from some sonic boom jet so the airport isn't that big of an issue.

But on the bright side there is less crime here and the houses are really cheap. You'll also save money because there isn't any remotely convenient shopping around.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,169,421 times
I am so glad your answered this about the train schedule. I've shown homes there recently and have been unable to find a train schedule for my client, I knew that it was frequent cause there's one almost every time I'm in the area. I'll forward your post to them.

Naima

Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,697,049 times
Bad long term investment. The area is too far out and far too many tract home developments.
If you would like to see the future of this area today. Drive to "The Colony" or Lewisville to see the future. No atmosphere whatsoever.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM

150 posts, read 338,699 times
While house hunting, we had Haslet and Justin on our short list of towns to check out. Not sure what is was exactly, but we liked Haslet better than Justin. We found more options in our price range in Haslet. At the time of the house hunt, Justin really only offered a couple of neighborhoods in our price range and the homes were stacked on top of each other. I think it would all depend on your price range. Of course, a higher price range could buy you something very nice in either city.

We live in a town that is pretty active with trains and are about 5 miles from a small airport. Personally, the noise created doesn't bother us. Our annoyance with the trains is the traffic, but you could also move to more popular towns, like Keller, and have the same problem.

Also wanted to add that those areas aren't too far out, depending on where you work. My husband has a 5 mile commute

Last edited by TxBrn&Raised; 03-05-2010 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: adding info

Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM

27,552 posts, read 45,007,788 times
there is more retail/commercial being built along I-35/Alliance neighborhood--but outside the big strip malls--I have not seen lot of smaller strip malls/store construction--but I dont' live in that area--just drive there sometimes...
frankly I think the roads are the pitts--sometimes there are long lines in the morning/evening at stop signs trying to get in or out, getting on to some major roads can be a real hassle because there is lot of traffic, traveling faster than speed limit and no traffic light to aid merging traffic...

going in the middle of the day which is when most people view homes does not really give an adequate picture of what inconveniences you might face if you move there

check out locations for your grocery shopping, doctor/dentist visits--
where is your closest hospital and what company is it tied to--
where do you get tylenol at 1AM if your child starts to run a fever--
who is your ambulance/EMT service--where is your fire station or police support coming from?

and as far as I know--having Nascar weekends still makes traffic horrible for other drivers...

some of this is unincorporated Tarrant (or other) counties--makes a difference in cheaper taxes but you are also missing services that you might not realize until you need them in an emergency

Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,450,994 times
Add to your list (depending on price)
Trophey club, Roanoak, Keller, and even North Ft worth it self. neighobrhoods like Heritage, Saratoga, etc... Scholls in the area will be either Northwest ISD or Keller ISD.

Unless you are looking at thsoe areas for house and land.

We too looked at Haslet and JUstin. (really wanted an acre) We too liked Haslet better, just seemed more convienient than Justin. We liked the hosues better etc...
BUT... we found that an acre does not mean privacy here. Alot of the neighborhoods we looked at had 1 acre lots...but NO trees. Cow pastures converted to neighborhoods.
We found we had more privacy in a established neighborhood with a 1/3 acre lot.

I know nothing about Northlake sorry.

So if you could add more parameters...like price, schools, distance to work, lot size etc... we may be able to help out more.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 AM

1,078 posts, read 3,439,835 times
We live in Northlake.... And we love it!
The schools are NWISD, and very good.
It is really expanding out here. If you want something "in the country" yet not too far out, Northlake is great. We have an acre, and a really nice home. Prices are more or less flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth