U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,164,961 times

Advertisements

I'm doing some research for a client. Does anyone know if the train tracks in Hurst that run parallel to 26, particularly in the Glade and Precinct Line road area. I don't think that's the TRE since it travels south of 183. Does anyone know how often does it go through and times if any?

I believe these are the tracks that the Tarantula uses, but I need info. on the other traffic.

Thanks,

Naima

Last edited by nsumner; 03-14-2010 at 01:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 PM

3,084 posts, read 6,467,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I'm doing some research for a client. Does anyone know if the train tracks in Hurst that run parallel to 26, particularly in the Glade and Precinct Line road area. I don't think that's the TRE since it travels south of 183. Does anyone know how often does it go through and times if any?

I believe these are the tracks that the Tarantula uses, but I need info. on the other traffic.

Thanks,

Naima
It does indeed carry the Tarantula and you can check their website for the schedule: https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/Th...3/Default.aspx

It also carries various freight trains and just like any other train tracks, you quickly learn to tune it out and it doesn't really have any negative effects. Unless you are right on top of it I suppose and have lousy insulation/windows/doors.

I'm not far from those particular tracks a little further west and not once have they bothered us in the last 3 years. We can only vaguely hear them at night if we happen to be awake and there is nothing running in the house. (no a/c, heat or ceiling fans). During the day it's not any louder than the traffic noise on the nearby major streets.

As far as it creating traffic problems, I've been caught exactly once by a freight train on that track and maybe 3 times by the Tarantula and none of them kept me still for very long at all. It's actually fun waving to the people on the Tarantula as it glides by.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,164,961 times
Thank you so much. I will send you post to my client and let them make the decision if they want to pursue it. They are moving from NY so they are used to the city noise, but I do know that it will still affect their resale which I've pointed to them.

Naima

Old 03-14-2010, 04:39 PM

27,521 posts, read 44,973,761 times
the real issue is what happens when/IF DART agrees to let the TRE hook onto that line to use for traffic from downtown FTW to DFW as has been speculated

that was part of what the Mid-Cities plan to create mass transit was about--
that line/rail bed was going to be the commuter train from DFW/Grapevine through downtown/Sundance SQ and out to TCU area
with a station added in NRHills area for sure (around Glade and Precinct Line I think)
Colleyville voters did not opt to pay the tax so there would not have been a station in Colleyville but Grapevine voters did and Richland Hills is already part of FTW transit -- trying to opt out right now--

DART owns the line and was not making it easy to get a lease on it by the FTW transit authority

IF that were to happen it would be a much noisier line with more intrusion from the trains...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth