U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 PM

10 posts, read 29,947 times
Default Who knows the JRB NAS base area?

My husband has orders there and we are moving at the end of the year. We will also be purchasing a home in Fort Worth. I am already working with a realtor who sends me pictures of homes, and I will be going out there next month for 3 days to go on a housing blitz. Can anyone please give me guidance in what areas would be nice and safe? From the base should we look north, south, east or west? Or if you could tell me zipcodes or neighborhoods. We would like to stay with in 10-15 miles of the base. Thank you for any help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 04:26 AM

3,494 posts, read 9,426,330 times
this would have gotten better response under Ft Worth, not Dallas. NAS JRB CARSWELL is in Ft Worth. my husband (at the time) and i were stationed there and LOVED it. please see the info i wrote about it under someone else's inquiry about NAS JRB under Ft Worth threads! i am jealous! yer gonna luv it!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:37 PM

5 posts, read 12,676 times
Default Joint Reserve Base

About 10 years ago I lived about a mile from what was then Carswell, now the Joint Reserve Base. The area around is what I would deem lower middle class. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I loved the area but that part of Ft. Worth is in a little bit of decay. That's not to say that you could live five miles away and be in a decidedly different neighborhood (more upscale). The zip code for that area is 76116 or 76113, I believe. Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 10,144 times
Try 76179 it is Saginaw it is a good area and not far from there.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM

10 posts, read 29,947 times
Thank you both! I really appreciate it! Any other advice would be great too!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:43 AM

6 posts, read 25,660 times
Default NAS area

My fiance and I just put our money down on a house in a new development called presidio village (76177) and in the next few years that area is going under a massive expansion, retail, commercial, and the school district Northwest ISD just had a bond referendum passed that is going to allow for 16 more school related sites and the funding to back them, this school district is small so the teacher / student ratio is good and the new school my son is going to be going to is only a year old. We're very choosy people as far as neighborhoods are concerned, and this one got our vote. We're moving from Euless, which is out of our price range but we're glad we've found such a nice place. My suggestion would be to research the area heavily and find out what would be best for your family. Keller is exploding and everyone wants to move there, if it ends up like Frisco, with 900 people per month moving there, it will become congested very soon. I wanted to avoid that so we picked outside of keller, but we're glad. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM

7 posts, read 39,735 times
Default Anyone live in Presidio Village Fort Worth Texas

We looked at a house today and are considering moving to Presidio Village (fort worth, texas). Do you like the neighborhood/schools. We like quiet neighborhoods We have 2 in elementary and 1 in middle school. We are in the Saginaw/Blue Mound area and do not like it at all. I'm just concerned as I'm not sure what shopping is nearby...mainly groceries. I'm really concerned about the middle school. It didn't seem as nice as Highland where my son attends in Eagle Mountain Saginaw School District. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinam View Post
My fiance and I just put our money down on a house in a new development called presidio village (76177) and in the next few years that area is going under a massive expansion, retail, commercial, and the school district Northwest ISD just had a bond referendum passed that is going to allow for 16 more school related sites and the funding to back them, this school district is small so the teacher / student ratio is good and the new school my son is going to be going to is only a year old. We're very choosy people as far as neighborhoods are concerned, and this one got our vote. We're moving from Euless, which is out of our price range but we're glad we've found such a nice place. My suggestion would be to research the area heavily and find out what would be best for your family. Keller is exploding and everyone wants to move there, if it ends up like Frisco, with 900 people per month moving there, it will become congested very soon. I wanted to avoid that so we picked outside of keller, but we're glad. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:06 AM

6 posts, read 25,660 times
Default re: presidio village

I like it here, we've lived here now for almost two months, the schools are all really nice, and they just revealed plans for a second high school in trophy club, I'm not sure that our kids would go there, but the school districts' website is very informative. As far as shopping in the area, the plans are for an enormous shopping location from N. Tarrant Pkwy up to Heritage Trace, the plans are on Hillwood's website. I'm excited about this area, I'm a city girl and for the moment feeling a bit out of place, but in a year or two, this place will be exciting. Hope that helps!

http://www.alliancetexas.com/Alliance/Features+&+Amenities/Alliance+Town+Center (broken link)

http://www.northwest.k12.tx.us/nance/site/default.asp

Those links should get you started with the info you're looking for.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:08 AM

14,481 posts, read 26,586,880 times
you don't mention what price range you need--if the 300-400s sound like yours--there is small new subdivision which is pretty close to completion off Jackboro Hwy--not to far from White Settlement--called Cottonwood Creeks-it is in two sections off the access road paralleling Jacksboro Hwy--some lots back up to nature preserve and some of lots have lots of slope and some have partly flood plain designation--but if you don't build on that part and just use it for backyard probably won't be a problem --area is kind of mixed use but those homes are probably better built than tract homes like Centex or Pulte in that price range and there are trees on almost every lot-

homes were "custom" built by local area builders on acre lots--some were designed by people from the get go and some are builder designed--you can do a search for that subdivision name in an MLS site or have your realtor send you some...
think it is Azle ISD---not too far from the 820 N loop and there is some shopping there or you can go to I 35 Alliance Center or down into FTW
that area will build up...
There is also higher end subdivision called Estancia that is closer to 820---some really nice homes there and some of lots back up to the Ft Worth Nature preserve...

There are some developments to the west--one is called Covered Bridge--there is Cantera and several other developments in that area that Sterling Custom Homes have done--they are on half acre to acre lots --- some have trees and some are open land--
Sterling is local smaller tract builder but builds a pretty nice home...

Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,608 times
bought a home in presidio village i feel the area has a great future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth