Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM

744 posts, read 1,846,996 times

Advertisements

Dallas has the name recognition and is more famous. Having the NFL team(which is still named after Dallas)and the baseball team in Arlington doesn't mean anything. Don't forget that Dallas has an NBA and NHL team in town in a beautiful state of the art new facility. All Fort Worth has is minor league teams. Fort Worth is just annexing land to get bigger and that isn't going to cut it. The suburbs around Fort Worth need to find a way to landlock that city. Also, Dallas has already surpassed 1.3 million, up from 1.1 million in 2000. Dallas also has the skyline, the businesses and many other top guns in the Metroplex. When Amos Carter created Texas' first TV station in 1948(KXAS)and refused to allow Dallas to see it, Dallas just went and created its own(WFAA)and eventually KDFW followed and they are both still prominent fixtures of Downtown Dallas and are two of the top TV stations in the country. Don't forget the nationally famous Dallas Morning News. Look at all of the corportations and infrastructure in Dallas too, the schools. You name it.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
I can see you are very very concerned, but with much regret, I must inform you that it is to late. In anticipation of Fort Worth's inevitable rise in population, stature, and importance, the region has now officially been renamed FWD, Ft Worth/Dallas metroplex. DFW Airport is implementing the change January one 2011, the new airport code will be FWD. The Cowboys will break in the change from "Dallas Cowboys" to "Dallas/Fort Worth Cowboys" and then finally "Fort Worth Cowboys", makes sense doesnt it. And there is rumor that a new site has been secured between downtown Ft Worth and the Stockyards for the next Cowboys stadium, Jerrys already lobbying for the 2036 Superbowl in Cowtown. It may not even stop there, demographers predict that by 2050 the area will simply be know as; the Fort Worth Metroplex.
Sorry to break it to you....

Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I can see you are very very concerned, but with much regret, I must inform you that it is to late. In anticipation of Fort Worth's inevitable rise in population, stature, and importance, the region has now officially been renamed FWD, Ft Worth/Dallas metroplex. DFW Airport is implementing the change January one 2011, the new airport code will be FWD. The Cowboys will break in the change from "Dallas Cowboys" to "Dallas/Fort Worth Cowboys" and then finally "Fort Worth Cowboys", makes sense doesnt it. And there is rumor that a new site has been secured between downtown Ft Worth and the Stockyards for the next Cowboys stadium, Jerrys already lobbying for the 2036 Superbowl in Cowtown. It may not even stop there, demographers predict that by 2050 the area will simply be know as; the Fort Worth Metroplex.
Sorry to break it to you....
Where exactly is your source on this??

Old 05-28-2010, 02:38 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
You made a thread to rant about how you think Dallas will get out shined by Fort Worth..?!

Dude you're taking this way to seriously, Dallas's popularity won't ever be matched by Fort Worth. Don't stress these things, Fort Worth can't pass Dallas this decade or next even if it wanted too.

Go to sleep easy knowing Dallas is 600,000 people larger.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:02 AM

172 posts, read 559,236 times
I would just ignore the OP. He made an even harsher post on the Dallas forum, which thankfully hasn't been commented on.

To the OP, Dallas wouldn't be what it is without Fort Worth. It is a symbiotic relationship, contentious at times but absolutely necessary for the continued growth of the region. And, sorry to break it to you but Forth Worth will eventually surpass Dallas in population. They have lots of room to grow and we don't.

To Fort Worth, I am not one of the insecure Dallasites. I love Fort Worth but I love Dallas more.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 AM

368 posts, read 1,784,951 times
"Amos" Carter, eh?

Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-28-2010 at 04:38 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman75229 View Post
I would just ignore the OP. He made an even harsher post on the Dallas forum, which thankfully hasn't been commented on.

To the OP, Dallas wouldn't be what it is without Fort Worth. It is a symbiotic relationship, contentious at times but absolutely necessary for the continued growth of the region. And, sorry to break it to you but Forth Worth will eventually surpass Dallas in population. They have lots of room to grow and we don't.

To Fort Worth, I am not one of the insecure Dallasites. I love Fort Worth but I love Dallas more.

Dallas has some land. Dallas is also a big city by itself, even without Fort Worth. It is nearly the size of Houston and is larger than Boston, Seattle, Miami, Detroit, San Francisco. It is the ninth largest city in the country. Fort Worth just wants to surpass Dallas and make it a suburb. Dallas won't tolerate it at all.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckellyb View Post
"Amos" Carter, eh?

Moderator cut: rude
Well whatever his name was. He represents Fort Worth and its residents to a tee, even today.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-28-2010 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Dallas has some land. Dallas is also a big city by itself, even without Fort Worth. It is nearly the size of Houston and is larger than Boston, Seattle, Miami, Detroit, San Francisco. It is the ninth largest city in the country. Fort Worth just wants to surpass Dallas and make it a suburb. Dallas won't tolerate it at all.
Dallas is not "nearly" the size of Houston!

List of United States cities by area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ Please look at the difference before you say things like that!

Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
But Ft Worth is nearly the size of Dallas....thats two big cities in the FWD area...
And Houston is nearly the size of Oklahoma City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth