Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 PM

148 posts, read 369,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownterp View Post
Are they still building in that neighborhood.

Yes, still building. I believe they gradually add more homes and a shopping center over the next couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM

4 posts, read 15,498 times
I agree with some of the earlier posts. If you're able to leave a little later in the morning rush, it shouldn't be as bad. I have a friend who commutes from Hagerstown to NOVA during rush hour, and he said it can be brutal. But, if you're a little closer and can leave a little later, it could make a BIG difference.

Brunswick used to be a little railroad town out in the Frederick County sticks, but it's starting to become part of the MD/DC/NOVA commuting corridor. That being said, it's still out in the country and pretty quiet I'd imagine. I've driven past the neighborhood you're talking about and it looks nice to me!

Hope that helps!

---
Frederick Scene - A guide to Frederick, MD area music and nightlife!
http://www.frederickscene.com
http://www.facebook.com/FrederickScene
Twitter

Old 11-16-2013, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,274 times
I am thinking of moving to Brunswick but don't know the area and is there diversity of people am from the island and my husband was born and raise here but he's Latino. Any mixture of people living in this area. I am especially concern because my daughter is in 9th grade at Clarksburgh high md now

Old 11-17-2013, 01:44 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,090,275 times
Well i'll first ask the big question - Where do you (and or your husband) work? The stress commuting puts on the family can have a big effect on quality of life. (Said as someone who has commuted 'down the road' for over 20 years). Brunswick is one of the smaller High Schools in Frederick County which may give you less options than the larger high schools in courses but I believe all the schools in Frederick county are very good. I don't know of any reasons why you wouldn't fit in to the Brunswick community.

You might want to look at other Frederick County communities also. I can strongly recommend Middletown. The Urbana region is very nice also. Many areas of Frederick are good also.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:54 PM

299 posts, read 556,914 times
Default Another possible move to Brunswick here!

I actually didn't know a thing about Brunswick until the other day!

I discovered a few home listings for sale in Brunswick while expanding my real estate online search a bit further out than usual. (Currently renting a townhouse in Poolesville and would love to eventually buy a home here. Except we've pretty much decided with the kids getting a bit older now, we're going to need a 4 bedroom place. In Poolesville, anything with 4+ bedrooms is going to be either one of the newer homes, or one of the big, old farm-houses -- neither of which we can afford.)

From everything I'm reading about Brunswick now, I get the idea it's quite a bit like Poolesville (very similar population and similar mix of local stores, family-oriented activities put on by the town, etc.).

The commute will be a bit worse than what we're used to now. (That's one thing I did like about Poolesville... Seems to be about the closest of the more rural communities to the Rockville, Bethesda and DC area.) The MARC looks like a good option for me to get to work in Bethesda though. It appears to have ample parking in the lot so I could just drive there each morning and drop off my car, take the MARC as far as the Rockville station, and take the red line metro from there on to Bethesda.

Apparently, the last MARC train leaves their station at 7:45AM though. As I'm not much of a morning person, that will kind of suck. (Right now, I'm used to just getting in the car at 9AM or so and driving about 45 minutes to downtown Bethesda. As long as I'm in by 10AM or so, I'm good -- as I do I.T. support and they usually need me staying an hour or so later, as opposed to getting in earlier.)

On the plus side, if Brunswick offers enough of the basic necessities in or near town, it will save a lot of weekend driving for us. Poolesville still has no grocery store ever since Selby's market closed down, and it's pretty much a required trek 25-30 minutes in to Gaithersburg, Germantown or thereabouts for groceries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick