Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 AM

7 posts, read 18,330 times

Advertisements

I currently live in PA and want to relocate my family, including 2 small children, to an area full of outdoor activities but also close to a fun, artsy, smaller city. I came across Lake Linganore and was hoping to get some advice or suggestions about living at the lake.

I have read some bad reviews about the HOA management, but other than that, I wonder about the area being good for small children, affordability, proximity to good schools, groceries, other shopping. The idea of living on a lake seems like it would be great for my outdoorsy family with endless opportunities for things to do and yet we would still be close to Frederick, New Market and not that far from Baltimore.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by EastCoast47; 01-21-2015 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: strange characters
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM

148 posts, read 369,707 times
My coworker lives there and loves it. She has lived there for about 15 years and has two kids (now high school and college age) and was pleased with the schools in the area and the activities available.

As a once-or-twice-a-year visitor, I think the roads are a little narrow and hilly and the street signs are hard to read in the dark, but for people who live there, that isn't an issue because they know where they are going.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:34 PM

7 posts, read 18,330 times
Thank you for the feedback! Its good to know that there are some positives so far on the schools and the activities. I can live with narrow, hilly streets, so that would be an okay negative at this point.

I think my biggest set-back might be finding affordable housing in this area. Thanks again!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 AM

39 posts, read 58,638 times
EastCoast,

I would be happy to help you with your search. I am a Realtor, who is very familiar with that area. I work out of the Frederick Market center and I definitely spend a lot of time in New Market (Lake Linganore is the neighborhood). Please reach out to me, I would be happy to point you in the right direction. No strings, just information!

eric.mc@kw.com

Old 02-17-2015, 07:52 AM

25 posts, read 75,747 times
Is there any other folks around that have info on what it is like living in lake linganore? I too am closely looking at purchasing a plot of land and building a home there. I do hear a lot about lack of maintenance of the property and infrastructure overall and potential problems with land development.

I do intend to drive through the area and take a first hand look but a visitor for a day is extremely different from living there for years.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 19,111 times
The problem right now with the area is lack of infrastructure. You have to drive into Frederick just to go grocery shopping (except for a tiny Food Lion near the freeway). Schools assigned to the area are good, and there actually is a grocery anchored development planned near Oakdale HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick