Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 03:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharod103 View Post
Thank you for the reply! I prefer not to travel. But I appreciate your suggestions. But due to a story that is not mine to tell, we need to be in the Frederick area. We live about 30 minutes away.

I have since thought about contacting the Dutchess Daughter. They are my favorite establishment in Frederick. Their food is second to none, and they have many individual rooms in their restaurant.

Another option I am considering is paying for a night in a hotel suite, and bringing in to go food from a local restaurant. It's just my immediate family. I would arrive and do a thorough cleaning of the room. I deal face to face with potential Covid patients, from the beginning to the end of their visit. I am used to wearing full PPE and disinfecting rooms. I would feel more confident there than going anywhere in public.

And, hey, plans may change. We'll have to see how the pandemic goes. If we don't feel comfortable with the plans (once we have decided on one), or Hogan puts new changes into effect, we will just have to push it back to who knows when.
Sorry for this but poster's like yourself are a major reason this thing has kicked back up again and in a frightening way! For God's sake listen to the Governor of Maryland and just stay at home this year. Don't you think others would love to do what you want to do ? I don't care what your job is or how well you clean anything you are putting others at risk, stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 09:18 AM

5,114 posts, read 6,084,776 times
I'm curious as to what the OP finally did.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:59 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,183 times
Clubs on North Point BLVD? No......

Old 12-28-2020, 03:16 AM

12 posts, read 8,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
I'm curious as to what the OP finally did.
We went last night. A very nice place called Oscar's Alehouse. It worked out perfectly. Not too busy, and the seating suited our needs. The food was excellent. I will definitely return to this restaurant. After we ate, we went and walked through Carroll Creek Park. Quite a nice walk seeing all the lighted boats along the path. While there were quite a few people out and about, it wasn't crowded. All in all, a great evening

Old 12-28-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Keep us updated on the number in your party who’ve contracted Covid-19.
Will do! Message straight to your basement. Tell Joe I said, "hi"

Old 12-28-2020, 01:54 PM

41 posts, read 24,389 times
Quote:
We went last night. A very nice place called Oscar's Alehouse. It worked out perfectly. Not too busy, and the seating suited our needs. The food was excellent. I will definitely return to this restaurant. After we ate, we went and walked through Carroll Creek Park. Quite a nice walk seeing all the lighted boats along the path. While there were quite a few people out and about, it wasn't crowded. All in all, a great evening
Happy for you and your family that it all worked out. My family (10 of us) did the same here in Orlando. A nice evening with no one getting Covid. In the same room was another table with a large group. There is an increasing number of people who are tired of living by media-driven fear-mongering of something with a 99% survival rate.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3toneEYZ View Post
Happy for you and your family that it all worked out. My family (10 of us) did the same here in Orlando. A nice evening with no one getting Covid. In the same room was another table with a large group. There is an increasing number of people who are tired of living by media-driven fear-mongering of something with a 99% survival rate.

Well in Frederick County the Positivity rate is approaching 10% so it is still spreading. I'm glad you can be so casual about it but those of us in high risk groups are still concerned.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3toneEYZ View Post
Wonderful evening with my family. I refuse to live in fear, but I do have respect for what it can do. I have no faith or trust in the media. Heck, not sure who to believe

Quote:
Well in Frederick County the Positivity rate is approaching 10% so it is still spreading. I'm glad you can be so casual about it but those of us in high risk groups are still concerned.
It always amazes me how people who don't even know you, think they know how you feel . I am not "casual" about Covid. I follow all the recommendations. The restaurants are still open, Hogan has not shut them down....yet. He may. Until then, if I choose to eat at a restaurant, I will. I take Covid seriously. But I refuse to live in fear. If you choose to think or live differently, by all means, your choice, your business . I will do the same . My Covid vaccine is scheduled for January 6th. Did you all get yours yet? Oh, and, in Washington County, Covid is 1 in 6.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Wonderful evening with my family. I refuse to live in fear, but I do have respect for what it can do. I have no faith or trust in the media. Heck, not sure who to believe

It always amazes me how people who don't even know you, think they know how you feel . I am not "casual" about Covid. I follow all the recommendations. The restaurants are still open, Hogan has not shut them down....yet. He may. Until then, if I choose to eat at a restaurant, I will. I take Covid seriously. But I refuse to live in fear. If you choose to think or live differently, by all means, your choice, your business . I will do the same . My Covid vaccine is scheduled for January 6th. Did you all get yours yet? Oh, and, in Washington County, Covid is 1 in 6.

My casual comment was directed to '3toneEyZ' who felt that an infection rate of 1% was media hype.

As far as vaccine how do you schedule it? I haven't heard of any way to do it and no availability outside 1st Responderand institutionalized patients with 'essential workers and 75+ aged people in the next phase 9whenever that is) The '1 in 6' is that is a 16.6%.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:48 AM

Quote:
My casual comment was directed to '3toneEyZ' who felt that an infection rate of 1% was media hype.

As far as vaccine how do you schedule it? I haven't heard of any way to do it and no availability outside 1st Responderand institutionalized patients with 'essential workers and 75+ aged people in the next phase 9whenever that is) The '1 in 6' is that is a 16.6%.
I apologize, I thought it was meant for me.

I work in the medical field. All my docs have already been vaccinated. I believe, didn't ask, that all the local hospital staff (who chose to be vaccinated), are being taken care of first. Now they are opening it to the medical practices. At least that is how I understand it.

As far as the 1 in 6, I didn't ask for any clarification. I took it the same as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick