Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 10:11 AM

12 posts, read 7,781 times

Advertisements

Looking for any type of restaurant that would work for a family gathering, approximately 10 people, give or take. What we are looking for is a place where young children could open a few Christmas presents and not be in the way or bothering other diners and of coarse the servers. American type food preferred, definitely food that young children like (grilled cheese, french fries, mac and cheese, etc), but am open to other suggestions as long as they have a kid friendly menu. Looking for the week after Christmas. Preferably breakfast or lunch. If anyone has any suggestions that I could look in to, that would be appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 06:52 PM

5,100 posts, read 6,009,300 times
This year that might be tough especially with the rising infection numbers

Old 12-07-2020, 07:30 PM

1,504 posts, read 1,005,086 times
Does anyone wonder why infections are rapidly increasing?

Old 12-08-2020, 09:37 AM

6,903 posts, read 11,158,704 times
I wouldn't bet on restaurants being open for in person in dining by Dec. 25th. I'd find a Plan B sooner rather than later.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:27 AM

2,172 posts, read 2,652,311 times
Can't believe this thread even exists, but FYI Maryland restaurants aren't allowed to sit more than 6 at a table.

Old 12-09-2020, 02:25 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,043,330 times
How far are you willing to travel? The major hotels with dining rooms should be able to easily accommodate you, if they are allowed due to Covid restrictions. They could put your party in a separate area of the dining room, or possibly even a separate room. The one that readily comes to mind is the Lemon Tree restaurant at the Hunt Valley Inn as they have done the same for us in the pre-Covid past. The restaurants at the two big Marriott hotels in downtown Baltimore, or some of the restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy will do the same if Covid restrictions allow.

Rather than come all the way into Baltimore, another closer option to you would be the Turf Valley resort hotel in Woodstock, just west of Ellicott City. The food there is very good.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:45 AM

18,520 posts, read 10,457,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharod103 View Post
Looking for any type of restaurant that would work for a family gathering, approximately 10 people, give or take. What we are looking for is a place where young children could open a few Christmas presents and not be in the way or bothering other diners and of coarse the servers. American type food preferred, definitely food that young children like (grilled cheese, french fries, mac and cheese, etc), but am open to other suggestions as long as they have a kid friendly menu. Looking for the week after Christmas. Preferably breakfast or lunch. If anyone has any suggestions that I could look in to, that would be appreciated!!!!
...........stay at home.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:46 AM

18,520 posts, read 10,457,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
How far are you willing to travel? The major hotels with dining rooms should be able to easily accommodate you, if they are allowed due to Covid restrictions. They could put your party in a separate area of the dining room, or possibly even a separate room. The one that readily comes to mind is the Lemon Tree restaurant at the Hunt Valley Inn as they have done the same for us in the pre-Covid past. The restaurants at the two big Marriott hotels in downtown Baltimore, or some of the restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy will do the same if Covid restrictions allow.

Rather than come all the way into Baltimore, another closer option to you would be the Turf Valley resort hotel in Woodstock, just west of Ellicott City. The food there is very good.
.............not this year.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:40 AM

12 posts, read 7,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post

Thank you for the reply! I prefer not to travel. But I appreciate your suggestions. But due to a story that is not mine to tell, we need to be in the Frederick area. We live about 30 minutes away.

I have since thought about contacting the Dutchess Daughter. They are my favorite establishment in Frederick. Their food is second to none, and they have many individual rooms in their restaurant.

Another option I am considering is paying for a night in a hotel suite, and bringing in to go food from a local restaurant. It's just my immediate family. I would arrive and do a thorough cleaning of the room. I deal face to face with potential Covid patients, from the beginning to the end of their visit. I am used to wearing full PPE and disinfecting rooms. I would feel more confident there than going anywhere in public.

And, hey, plans may change. We'll have to see how the pandemic goes. If we don't feel comfortable with the plans (once we have decided on one), or Hogan puts new changes into effect, we will just have to push it back to who knows when.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:36 AM

5,100 posts, read 6,009,300 times
I just saw that Frederick is putting a limit of 15 customers in a restaurant as of 5 PM tonight. The COVID positivity rate is over 8% and above the state rate. I don't think any restaurant is going to want a group sitting around exchanging gifts and such. They are going to want to turn tables quickly if they are open at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick