U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM

4,388 posts, read 11,253,185 times
Default A walk through a slice of Frederick (photos)

So i went downtown just to take a few photos. I only had an hour (don't have much time) so i did a lot of Drive By shootings...of photos. So none of the photography is really great. I went to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a few other streets along with a few residential areas that surround downtown. So here it is! Hope you enjoy

We start out in a residential area north of central downtown on upper College road near hood college

This house is very old and was first used as a boarding home from the nearby college. ive been in it and its huge and really grand

this home is a very known Frederick home

many parts of Downtown and the surrounding areas are heavily wooded

Pretty generic downtown Frederick home

Fredericks also a pretty colorful place

This is one of Fredericks most known buildings - the Tyler Spite house - "According to records, the house was built by Dr. Sam Tyler in 1813. Somehow, the house earned the nickname of the "Spite House" because it prevented the construction of a new street that would allow traffic to proceed straight ahead to West Patrick Street, one of the main thoroughfares of what is now the historical district of the city. Apparently, Dr. Tyler objected to the idea of more noise along his quiet street. He like the idea of a peaceful neighborhood and to further prevent the traffic, and to stop the street from going through next door, he built another house in what would have been a street in 1815. He never lived in this house, but rented it out."

Now we're around city hall

Here's city hall, not the best photo of it though. There's fountains, gardens, trees, statues, and walkways in the front of the building. But it was designed after an irish courthouse

down there is 2nd street

Now we're on 2nd street

Brownstones...in Frederick! Never knew it existed nor did i expect it!

hehe

now into the poorer section

And back out! here's a glass company's building - its extremely long on its side!

I knew we had a little Baltimore in Frederick

Thanks for Looking! hope you enjoyed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 PM

5,923 posts, read 6,479,827 times
Sure, make me homesick! We lived in Taneytown for a few years and there is no better place to me than the area between Gettysburg, Frederick, Hagerstown, and Greencastle. The historic sites, the countryside, the homes of all styles, the mountains, etc. Great work with your pic's!!! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM
DLK

33 posts, read 118,135 times
That's pretty amazing. You captured alotta charm in 1 hour. I've been living in Frederick for 15 years and clearly haven't stopped to smell the roses.

Well done...thanks for sharing.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM

7,397 posts, read 10,426,364 times
Nice pics. You got one of my friends' place.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM

1,764 posts, read 3,689,402 times
Great pics - your really have captured a nice cross-section of Frederick residential architecture!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM

391 posts, read 976,563 times
Great set of photos!
I love this house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post

Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM

4,388 posts, read 11,253,185 times
thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Sure, make me homesick! We lived in Taneytown for a few years and there is no better place to me than the area between Gettysburg, Frederick, Hagerstown, and Greencastle. The historic sites, the countryside, the homes of all styles, the mountains, etc. Great work with your pic's!!! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
No problem! and haha im homesick too ! i don't live in Frederick anymore but i love to visit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLK View Post
That's pretty amazing. You captured alotta charm in 1 hour. I've been living in Frederick for 15 years and clearly haven't stopped to smell the roses.

Well done...thanks for sharing.
Thanks! yea i never smelled the roses there until i moved away now i visit whenever i can because its so charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Nice pics. You got one of my friends' place.
Thanks and ha really? that's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Great pics - your really have captured a nice cross-section of Frederick residential architecture!
Yea! The area i went too was too charming to put in words

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasol View Post
Great set of photos!
I love this house.
Me too! This one caught my eye on that street

Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 AM

12,303 posts, read 18,120,028 times
Some great photos in here! Hard to imagine that Frederick is so much smaller population than these photos imply. It looks so urban, it's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick