Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,674 times

Advertisements

I want to move to MD from New York City but I don't want to do it with out a job. Must of the places I applied for tell me they rather hire someone that lives in MD.

I have 2 years experience. as a Immigration paralegal, I have 5 years experience as a administrative assistant, bilingual (Spanish/English). any ideas of how to get a job before I moved there?

HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 7,820 times
Default fred.

you are going to have to show them that you have a house or a lease signed. they are very particular about where they hire from. most businesses in frederick won't even hire from washington dc and that's only 50 miles away. they are just covering their side of the business. unfortunately that's how it goes. unless you are transferring internally to another location they really prefer to see a maryland address. i suggest saving up your money plus a month coming out here and getting a place. frederick isn't too expensive and there are lots of apartments available in surrounding areas.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,674 times
Being bilingual is a huge help getting a job in Frederick!! Everyone is looking for someone who speaks spanish here. You shouldn't have a problem at all.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 PM

165 posts, read 926,152 times
Default Jobs in Frederick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAngel
I want to move to MD from New York City but I don't want to do it with out a job. Must of the places I applied for tell me they rather hire someone that lives in MD.

I have 2 years experience. as a Immigration paralegal, I have 5 years experience as a administrative assistant, bilingual (Spanish/English). any ideas of how to get a job before I moved there?

HELP
Your best bet is to update your resume to reflect you're willing to relocate and stress being billingual. Most employers that are worth a crap will understand you need to have a home in which to commute from if you're going to be an asset to their team.

Just keep trying..

John

Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,136 times
we have a job opp. in Frederick... we live in colorado springs... please tell me why we'd want to live in Frederick or the surounding area... looks like a god place to live, but I want to hear from people who know why.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick