U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 PM

54 posts, read 159,892 times
Default Frederick murder of Tracey Kirkpatrick (20 yr. anniversary)

March 15th marked the 20 year anniversary of the unsolved murder of Tracey Lynn Kirkpatrick. She was 17 at the time and working in aileen ladies sportswear store at the westridge shopping center. here is the link to one of the articles: After 20 years, Frederick girl's murder still unsolved -- baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-md.kirkpatrick16mar16,0,2149248.story - broken link)

Is anyone from this area familiar with this story/know tracey/or was around at the time of the crime? Hopefully this unsolved crime will be solved for 2009!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:26 PM

4,388 posts, read 11,362,300 times
I remember it. So creepy and strange. Don't know any details of it though

Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM

54 posts, read 159,892 times
There has been a lot of media coverage on it that past few days in the Frederick area, so hopefully the person who committed the crime will feel the pressure. It would be nice for her family to get closure.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,848 times
does anyone know if there was a weapon found later down the road?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,169 times
I can't remember details but vaguely remember hearing that they were 99% sure who did it but they were lacking that 1% evidence. I remember there was rumors going around that it was the security guard. I haven't heard anything other than that. Very sad.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 PM

770 posts, read 2,005,769 times
The link is dead, but I vaguely remember the story. She was shot in a Chevette, the same kind of car I drove then. I can't believe it's been that long!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,446 times
I heard that someone was falsely accused, arrested & released at the time, and that the person the evidence really pointed to was a relative of a city official at the time.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 PM

8 posts, read 15,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidbicyclist View Post
March 15th marked the 20 year anniversary of the unsolved murder of Tracey Lynn Kirkpatrick. She was 17 at the time and working in aileen ladies sportswear store at the westridge shopping center. here is the link to one of the articles: After 20 years, Frederick girl's murder still unsolved -- baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-md.kirkpatrick16mar16,0,2149248.story - broken link)

Is anyone from this area familiar with this story/know tracey/or was around at the time of the crime? Hopefully this unsolved crime will be solved for 2009!
Well here it is 2010 and crime still not solved, I think it's Fredericks oldest cold case. I live in Frederick and at the time this girl was killed I was living in a townhouse directly behind the sopping centers rear store doors, seperated by a small field, an old house, a road then our townhouses. So it chills me the killer left out the back door not far from were we were living!!!!! My live- in boyfriend at the time had a son who was 1 yr behind Tracy in Brunswick High School and he knew her. This case has always stayed in my mind. I think their unoficial POI is the one who did it- IIRC it was son of a sheriffs deputy, same person who made the phone calls to police from a payphone much later, used a payphione from a Walkersville shopping Center.
I am afraid this is one case that will never be solved, sadly. Her parents seemed like very sweet people, they accepted her HS diploma and there wasn't a dry eye in the whole school that day.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
The link is dead, but I vaguely remember the story. She was shot in a Chevette, the same kind of car I drove then. I can't believe it's been that long!

No, she was shot while working in a dress shop in Frederick around closing time, she was only employee there and was found shot (or stabbed, can;t remember) in the back room, killer escaped through the back door of the store. They suspected a deputies son and questioned him but let him go, I think hes the one who did it though as nobody else ever became a POI.
Her parents came to pick her up from work and the shopping center was full of police cars, etc. She would have been graduating from HS that year.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesandjo View Post
I can't remember details but vaguely remember hearing that they were 99% sure who did it but they were lacking that 1% evidence. I remember there was rumors going around that it was the security guard. I haven't heard anything other than that. Very sad.
Not security guard. He had spoken to her and she wa fine, was closing the shop up, no customers. He went along his way. The real POI although he was not named POI was the deputys son, some city workers son. He was never arrested, only questioned. We all thought something smelled "rotten in denmark" and still do, dude is the one, I think. You are right though they lacked sufficient evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick