Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 03:46 PM

37 posts, read 90,411 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

I've lurked a bit before on this forum to check out views on different communities, and now that my wife and I have decided to move to Brunswick, I'm posting to see if anyone knows where to look for rentals in Brunswick(I read that the Frederick Post is a good place to start), or hell, if anyone knows anyone looking to rent a place out. The following is a copy of the ad I placed on Craigslist:

My wife and I are looking to relocate from Washington, DC to Brunswick as we look to settle down and start a family. We are expecting our first child in late August, and would like to be moved by then. We have visited Brunswick, and love the community and think it will be a great fit for us in the coming years. We will be looking to purchase our first home in Brunswick in the next few years, but we need a place to rent while we save for that.

About us: I am originally from Waxahachie, Texas. My wife is originally from Elizabeth, NJ, but her family moved to Pennsylvania some years ago. I am a federal employee with the Department of Veterans Affairs, and will be making the trek into DC, so something close to the MARC would be ideal. My wife recently graduated with a double major in Sociology and Visual Journalism, and will probably stay at home with our son for a while before going back to work. We also have a cat named Martin van Purren, and a 9yr old small Tibetan Terrier named Lucy who is as quiet as a church mouse.

Due to our only having a single income at the moment, we can only afford up to $750, but we might be able to squeeze up to $800 depending on the circumstances. We are upstanding, hardworking, respectable people who take pride in our home and will be good tenants. I am posting this because we've had trouble finding available places to rent in Brunswick, and the baby is coming soon.

Please feel free to contact us either via email at political_truth@hotmail.com or by phone at 202-215-0964.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

God Bless,

Joseph & Jessica Riedel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to check for listings in Brunswick? I have been monitoring the Frederick paper and craigslist, but no results yet.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM

407 posts, read 1,263,486 times
Joseph, I am not sure of housing in Brunswick. You might consider moving to Frederick and then finding a home in Brunswick later on when you are able to purchase one. Did you Google a listing of apartments for Brunswick?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:38 AM

9 posts, read 28,325 times
I was raised in Brunswick and used to own rentals there. I haven't heard of anything that cheap in a long time. Townhouses rented for that in the 90's. Maybe a downtown apt might would rent for that but I'm not too sure. If you would want to live there.

For rental listing, check out the Brunswick Citizen, it comes out every Thursday. I got it yesterday and the rentals are
House near the Marc train- $1200 per month 703 501-7005 & 2 bedroom apt call 301 432-5472

Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 AM

516 posts, read 1,375,369 times
You may be able to purchase and have a mortgage around that price.. Look at the duplexes or the townhomes.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Found a nice place in our price range! There are plenty of places in Brunswick in the $700-$900 range.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM

516 posts, read 1,375,369 times
Great!
We love Brunswick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick