Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:21 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times

Advertisements

I'm often amazed when I drive down the streets of my neighborhood and (if people's garages are open) how you can't even stand in many of them let alone drive in a car. They're often full of junk they don't use or can't even get to. Not only are the compulsive shoppers, but apparently poor warehousers.

Indeed. I have to rent a garage 150 $/month t serve as storage for my wife's junk.
Makes me positively boils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,940,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBA View Post
You are completely right. It makes me crazy when people feel the need to redo a kitchen or other area of the house because they feel that it is "dated" while it is perfectly functional. When we bought our house, everything was in perfect condition. Now, we have an avocado sink with a matching stove top, but who cares?? !
Lots of people would actually pay a lot of money for an avocado sink and matching stove top. Those colors on ceramics - avocado, pink, blue, green - are officially back "in."

Old 12-04-2010, 08:51 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
I guess it would have to be for me people paying full price for clothing and with me now I go to the goodwill and I also take care of my clothes and Im careful how I wash them , I also do my own dry cleaning with my dryer . I never pay full price for clothing at all anymore unless it is lingerie now that I buy new , but it usually is on sale when I do get it .

Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
Planned obsolescence of electronic goods. No, I don't want to be forced to update my model of ______ every _____ months, thanks.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
None of these disturbs me as much as people who get rid of dogs and cats after they get tired of them.
OMG I love you!!! This is the BEST comment ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
In the morning when i see all of my colleagues streaming into work with a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. It wouldn't annoy me so much if they were buying something to go along with the coffee, but 90% of them are just stopping for a $2 cup of coffee. It would be so much cheaper to DIY. Even if they bought those expensive disposable cups with the lids, it would still be significantly cheaper.

There's something else that annoys me much more though. I hesitate to say what it is though, because i'll probably derail this thread if i do.
oooooooohhh please tell us

Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,731,049 times
I couldn't pass this thread up.
This means YOU-spoiled kids and wastefull parents in WHATCOM COUNTY, WA.
Every morning I commute to work, and when school is in session traffic TRIPPLES on the road with people wasting gas driving their spoiled brats to school. On an off-day, I could pretty much set my cruise control and go because the roads are empty.
But it gets better. Each morning I'm bound to be caught behind one of the many 1/2 empty school busses, that stop every hundred yards at the end of a driveway, while a kid steps out of mommies idling SUV having to painfully endure a 30' walk in the cold to the school bus. What a waste of time-mine and theirs, and fuel.
Now I'm not that old...we all had to walk to one place and catch the bus. If I was getting a ride to school from mom, it was because I missed the bus and my butt was red from it. I don't know what's wrong with people these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living