U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 05:44 PM

6,314 posts, read 8,641,450 times

Advertisements

To those who often take advantage of cash rebates what types of stores normally offer them? How do you usually find them? Any good websites related to rebates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 06:47 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,337,732 times
Rite Aid has a 'single-check rebate program' they offer on various items each month - you simply go on-line, enter your receipts and then at the end of the month, you request one check of all your monthly rebates. They list most of them in their weekly ads, and there are others they have in a monthly brochure you can get in-store. I do think they are beginning to phase this program out though as they are going to a system more similar to CVS Extra Bucks where they give you 'credit' towards a future purchase.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 AM

75 posts, read 141,334 times
I also would have said Rite Aid. If you can time it right you can use a coupon when initially paying for the item and then when you get your rebate the item you bought is effectively free. Staples also offers rebates, but their rebates are sent back to you as a check for store credit. Not a bad deal, though, since I'll use the rebates to buy printer ink.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:29 AM

6,314 posts, read 8,641,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooando View Post
If you can time it right you can use a coupon when initially paying for the item and then when you get your rebate the item you bought is effectively free.
Yeah I've heard about doing things like that. This is one reason I wanted to start trying to take advantage of rebates. I'd never really paid too much attention to rebates before.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:16 AM

75 posts, read 141,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Yeah I've heard about doing things like that. This is one reason I wanted to start trying to take advantage of rebates. I'd never really paid too much attention to rebates before.
My advice to you would be to sign up to receive the weekly flyer sent to you via e-mail. I don't get the newspaper at home, and I often will forget to go to the store websites. This way I have all their weekly sales right in my inbox.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM

362 posts, read 280,978 times
Quote:
To those who often take advantage of cash rebates what types of stores normally offer them? How do you usually find them? Any good websites related to rebates?
I used to like rebates. Now I want my bargain up front. I've had experiences when I didn't get the rebate promised and it ended up making the item cost more. Plus my time and cost for mailing. Not worth it anymore for me.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM

1,096 posts, read 3,986,074 times
Quote:
Menards has a lot, I gave up on trying on them though. They wind up sending you a postcard to redeem for the money towards your next purchase which for me personally I normally wind up going in to buy something I dont even really need just because I have a $7 credit so I wind up paying $10-$20 on top of the $7 credit for something I probably wouldn't have bought anyway had I not gotten the rebate.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 PM

10,312 posts, read 9,439,551 times
I'm not a "junkie" but I take advantage of rebates, if I can get them. It doesn't mean I'll buy the more expensive product just for the rebate, though. I'm a little miffed at the last purchase, though. Bought a Cooks product, like that bullet thing. Sent in for the ten dollar rebate and waited patiently the full eight weeks. At the ninth week, I called the company and they said they never received it. Yeah, okay .... whatever. Never had problems like that with other companies. I think it was a ripoff. Won't buy any of their products ever again. They aren't that great, anyway.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM

229 posts, read 505,920 times
You're right rfr. I pretty much quit going to Menards because of their rebate program. When I do rebates, I want that money in my savings account, not to buy something at the store. Except for Walgreens, that is where I go anyway so I appreciate their rebate. But their's is usually very good. Example: buy $15 worth of hair care product and receive $5 rebate. It was for a product I use and the product itself was on sale so it was a win-win for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or