Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,027,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi TechGromit--

I'm surprised not to see more dollar-store special 10-packs of disposable razors here. Because that's what I use, and it keeps my head and face pretty clean-cut. I go through them about once every month or so - either they get too dull or the humidity gets to them and they begin rusting (they live in the shower caddy). But it's like, a 10 pack for a dollar. So I get almost a year's worth of shavings for a dollar.
I use those sometimes, but they don't last as long as the other disposables for me. I only get a week's worth of shaves out of them, but then I shave my entire body everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:52 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,642,539 times
I use one razor on legs and arms about 6 times. The best razors I've found are at the dollar store, even the BIC and other name brands dont work as well. When I first bought these cheap razors I thought they would be awful but it turned out they "hug" my skin better and give me a closer shave, plus, they're pink with flower embossing.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,161,544 times
On an average, 4 months or so.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,655,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi TechGromit--

I'm surprised not to see more dollar-store special 10-packs of disposable razors here. Because that's what I use, and it keeps my head and face pretty clean-cut. I go through them about once every month or so - either they get too dull or the humidity gets to them and they begin rusting (they live in the shower caddy). But it's like, a 10 pack for a dollar. So I get almost a year's worth of shavings for a dollar.

I have thick facial hair and have shaved since I was 11. I've tried everything in the past and now am down to dollar store blades. I use a 3-blade that comes in a pack of 4 for $1. I use each one about 5 times, or roughly a week. I've tried the single blade 10-pack but it scratches my face up bad. I used Gillette Mach 3's for about 10 years. They cost $2.55 per razor instead of 25 cents and lasted me about 2 1/2 weeks on average.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,197,596 times
i go through a razor every two months. one can last me up to five months during the summer. during the summer i only shave once a week. during the winter five times a week. i also get compliments on my facial hair because it comes in even and full. apprently the rugged look works for me. i use the gillete triple blade disposables. it's about $6 for four of them. it lasts me almost a year. i also don't using shaving cream, just soap and water.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 5,657 times
Default Quattro 5

I have been using the Mach 3 Turbo for years which would last me only a week of good shaves before it would start to pull and cut my face. I recently started using the Shick Quattro 5 and I don't feel the blades on my face and I'm going on over two weeks and the razor still feels like new! I have to apply a little more pressure but the end result is a comfortable shave with no cuts. I really think I can go at least one to two more weeks with the same blade-I never used a Shick product but I am totally impressed and won't be using Gillette anymore and although the cost is close the fact that the Quattro last me so much longer makes this a easy purchase.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 AM

629 posts, read 1,172,140 times
Has anyone tried the jeans sharpening trick on fusion blades?

Disposable Razors - Extend the life of your blade -easy & fast - YouTube

Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 AM

3,511 posts, read 7,751,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
Has anyone tried the jeans sharpening trick on fusion blades?
Can't say that I have, but it may be worth investigating. I'll have to try it out.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM

524 posts, read 840,945 times
I use my razor until someone else throws it out. Even if it barely works

Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,835,709 times
Much longer than I should =/ That's all I can say! Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living