Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,529,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Disgusting food facts | Gross food facts | What's in a McNugget?

Really? Fast food eaters get a pubic hair each month?
"But it only cost $3.25!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,434 times
Ack, if it was free I wouldn't eat it. Just the grease content makes me sick. Processed "food" isn't food. It has no nutritional value (or very, very low). I eat to live now not live to eat. It's just not worth it.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,899,735 times
I gave up being frugal with McDonald's. I have a six year old and that is all she ever wants to go for fast food, to stupid McDonald's. She can spot that restaurant from miles away, I swear. After two years of this obsession, I can't eat another dollar menu item or chicken mcnugget. I started eating their salads, which actually aren't too bad, but not as cheap as I am used to in the wallet.

Yes, I could go to another restaurant or not at all. I am well aware of that fact. McDonald's is a twice a month thing. I basically never go eat out anywhere else otherwise. I think eating out in general is a waste of money because of the mediocre quality and huge markup. That includes most sit-down restaurants, in addition to fast food. But I am a good cook with a lot of time to make meals at home. YMMV.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Today we had quite a feast without much money, Davanni pizza is offering a personal pizza for 3 food shelf items and Arby's has their classic roast beef on sale for $.64 today only. We got 4 pizza's, 4 roast beef and White Castle had bogo on their shaker parfaits, when we got there the shake machine had not been turned on yet so we waited a few minutes and the manager came to the window to give 2 large fries while we wait for the machine to get ready, after another "irratating 7-8 minutes" the manager apologized for the wait and gave us 2 extra shakes.
So, today we got 4 personal pizzas, 4 large roast beef, 4 oreo parfait shakes and 2 large fries for the grand total of $5.23, not too bad when the regular price would have been $49.02.
We also helped out the food shelf.

Guess what's for dinner?...repeat the 4 pizza and 4 roast beef, for a total of $2.74.

Love it when I find deals like this.
Cool! Sounds like a fun day. Hot fun in the summer time... lol

Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,151,260 times
On teh rare occassion we take my 7 y/o nephew to McD's, I order the smallest (cheapest (siz drink. The soda is a fountain area with free refills. Why pay more for a larger soda when I can pay less and go for seconds?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:41 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I don't think soda and fries are a bargain at any price.

One place that has decent fast food is Subway. I usually get the veggie sub and the price is good, it's real food, and I have a card that gets me one for free every so often.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Congratulations to the OP on getting what they, and not other posters, considered a great deal.

The OP did not ask for any advice or ask any questions - so all the Food Police posts are off topic, IMO.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:35 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
OK people, if you don't agree, so be it. My family thought this was an awesome deal, that we otherwise would not have been able to have.
This was a treat and we helped the food shelf. (was looking for a tongue sticking out emoticon without a smiley face, but this will do)

Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
A number of the smaller/regional chains will have promotional offers if you sign up for their e-mail list or like them on Facebook or something. Tijuana Flats (Americanized Mexican chain mostly in Florida) sent out a printable coupon to their e-mail list for BOGO entrees this weekend.

And you can actually eat relatively healthy there if you want to.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,529,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
OK people, if you don't agree, so be it. My family thought this was an awesome deal, that we otherwise would not have been able to have.
This was a treat and we helped the food shelf. (was looking for a tongue sticking out emoticon without a smiley face, but this will do)
Sounds like you got a good deal to me. If you are happy I'm happy

In my post I was making fun of fast food the cost was $3.25, which is what the "dollar menu" normally cost me. And you beat that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living