Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Please check: NeedyMeds
they posted links to many programs that offer free or reduced priced drugs. They also appear to have a discount card that offers deeper discounts than most others.
Here is the discount card: http://www.needymeds.org/drugcard/drugcard.pdf
And, to find which drugstores in your area have the lowest prices on prescription drugs, try: GoodRx - Prescription Drug Prices at Local and Online Pharmacies
You can even download the free GoodRx mobile app for prices and coupons on the go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
JanDrugs in Canada is where I but my meds. My daughter's copay for Yasmin for example here in the us is $50. I order 3 mo supply @Jan Drugs for $60. They also list the drugs and prices they stock. I never get generic from them.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 AM

^^^ really?? Cheap is not always good:

Pfizer recall the newest troubling development around birth control - BlogPost - The Washington Post

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's fine for 99% of people, a very small number of people have a genetic risk factor that's easily tested for. Anyway, it's not a case of cheap or not cheap. The drug is what it is. You don't get a different one if you pay three times as much for it. Generics use different formulations than brands, so they aren't identical. Effectively close enough for me not to waste money on brands when generics are available, but if people want to spend extra on band only drugs it's no skin off my teeth.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM

399 posts, read 705,110 times
Another one I use is PPARX.org. That has helped me but needymeds.org is even better. I'm going to check them out more.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
It's fine for 99% of people, a very small number of people have a genetic risk factor that's easily tested for. Anyway, it's not a case of cheap or not cheap. The drug is what it is. You don't get a different one if you pay three times as much for it. Generics use different formulations than brands, so they aren't identical. Effectively close enough for me not to waste money on brands when generics are available, but if people want to spend extra on band only drugs it's no skin off my teeth.
I agree!!! and only very few are recalled, so going frugal on meds is really big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
Another one I use is PPARX.org. That has helped me but needymeds.org is even better. I'm going to check them out more.
Thanks
That's what we need! Thank you for sharing!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
I thought Wal-Mart offered some $4.00 co-pay medications? I didn't see that on any of the medications I listed. Do they still not offer that?

Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
JanDrugs in Canada is where I but my meds. My daughter's copay for Yasmin for example here in the us is $50. I order 3 mo supply @Jan Drugs for $60. They also list the drugs and prices they stock. I never get generic from them.
I just looked up one of my meds here that for some reason, my HMO plan charges me the highest co-pay on, and I pay $35 per month, or $105 for 90 day supply.

At JanDrugs, I would pay only $27 more for a 200 day supply.

Sounds great to me! Thanks!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
I thought Wal-Mart offered some $4.00 co-pay medications? I didn't see that on any of the medications I listed. Do they still not offer that?
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...tomer_list.pdf

Walmart offers hundreds of mediations for $4 per month. Over the past eight or ten years, it has saved me THOUSANDS.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM

731 posts, read 678,427 times
I have been on the same dose of thyroid medicine for the past 19 years and with stable perfect throid function labs on that dose. Then, I went to get a refill and they said I had to get a refill from the doc. The pinheads that work in doctor's offices, you do not want to know, believe me. Not the doctors, the other people.

They said according to "policy" I had to get an appointment. I am between insurances so this cost me out of pocket $120. Then, I was told I had to gave a TSH (lab) drawn. That would have cost me $375. Then I had to have another $120 appointment. This all was to cost over $600 to get a frikking prescription refill.

I AM AN RN! I can manage my own case so now I do. I have become my own doctor. This is how I do it. I get my blood drawn at a walk-in lab, no doctor's order needed. TSH lab - cost - $37.00. Then, I order my pills from a pharmacy in England, no prescription needed. Cost: 7.5 cents per pill. I can check on the effectiveness of the drug by looking at my own lab after taking it for a while.

No wonder America's health care is the most expensive in the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living