Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM

273 posts, read 1,061,043 times

Advertisements

Like someone here said, he likes to travel around the world using Google Earth. Well, Air Pano is even better. Far better. And you don't need to install anything. If you have a large screen with high resolution, it's even better. Check it out:

360 Degree Aerial Panorama | 3D Virtual Tours Around the World | Photos of the Most Interesting Places on the Earth | AirPano.com

And yes, I do travel around the world using the computer. Saves me money and I can cook and take a nap when I like too. After an hour or so of being there in person, the novelty wears off and then you are dealt with commuting, dealing with a strange hotel, rowdy strangers on your flight, the TSA (awful) who thinks is an actual agency of some kind, etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 PM

18 posts, read 28,234 times
Thank you, that's a beautiful site. Probably the only way I am going to be seeing the world. Hopefully if I save and scrimp and am lucky too, I will be able to go to Spain and France one day. And if I make it to retirement I hope to spend some time driving around the US. Until then, I will enjoy your site AirPano.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM

893 posts, read 1,206,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4 View Post
Like someone here said, he likes to travel around the world using Google Earth. Well, Air Pano is even better. Far better. And you don't need to install anything. If you have a large screen with high resolution, it's even better. Check it out:

360 Degree Aerial Panorama | 3D Virtual Tours Around the World | Photos of the Most Interesting Places on the Earth | AirPano.com

And yes, I do travel around the world using the computer. Saves me money and I can cook and take a nap when I like too. After an hour or so of being there in person, the novelty wears off and then you are dealt with commuting, dealing with a strange hotel, rowdy strangers on your flight, the TSA (awful) who thinks is an actual agency of some kind, etc. etc.
That's not what traveling is about though. Sure you can look at cool buildings on a computer, but the point of traveling is to go experience other cultures and see how people do things differently. I spent 6 weeks in Mali a few summers ago and the novelty never wore off.

I do like this program to be able to see some cool stuff, but nothing can replace being there in person.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
A nice way to preview the sights before booking a real vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living