Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 12:29 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times

Advertisements

Its Clinique Bonus time again!

I'm a devoted user of Clinique products. My face is quite sensitive and reacts to most products. I've found the Clinique line to be very effective without giving reactions, etc. I try to stock up on my products 2x year and time them to get the bonus gifts. I really use everything in the bonus gift, so I'm not "chasing the gift" for no reason.

However, I'm out of the eye makeup remover and my bonus gift, which has the eye makeup remover, won't arrive for another few days (hey, got free shipping, so why spend the gas). In the meantime, I had to improvise.I thought to drive to Macy's to buy the eye-makeup remover, and get another bonus gift at the same time.

Then, I was at Walmart, and discovered a pack of baby wipes, unscented, hypoallergenic. A pack of 200 was on sale for $1.89. Thought to give them a try. They work great, remove the eyemakeup I think even better than Clinique, ad for less than a penny a wipe! The Clinique product is $19 for a 4.1 ml bottle. I don't know how they compare in usage, but it would take a lot of wipes to run up $19!

Yes, know....trouble in Paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM

374 posts, read 492,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post

I'm a devoted user of Clinique products. My face is quite sensitive and reacts to most products. I've found the Clinique line to be very effective without giving reactions, etc. I try to stock up on my products 2x year and time them to get the bonus gifts. I really use everything in the bonus gift, so I'm not "chasing the gift" for no reason.

However, I'm out of the eye makeup remover and my bonus gift, which has the eye makeup remover, won't arrive for another few days (hey, got free shipping, so why spend the gas). In the meantime, I had to improvise.I thought to drive to Macy's to buy the eye-makeup remover, and get another bonus gift at the same time.

Then, I was at Walmart, and discovered a pack of baby wipes, unscented, hypoallergenic. A pack of 200 was on sale for $1.89. Thought to give them a try. They work great, remove the eyemakeup I think even better than Clinique, ad for less than a penny a wipe! The Clinique product is $19 for a 4.1 ml bottle. I don't know how they compare in usage, but it would take a lot of wipes to run up $19!

I am told I look much younger then my age, ( I am still young hehe) and use to model. I only use organic coconut oil, rose oil and argan oil for my skin. I do use cucumber, honey etc type masks. Or clay masks at times. I save a ton, my skin looks great and healthy. I also make my own organic vitamin C serum, that sells from top companies for tons.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:32 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Bought a pair of sneakers at ALDI for $9. They'll do for me as well as ones costing ten times as much.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:17 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Regardless of how cheap some fast food item is, if it's not good for you, it's not a bargain.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:06 PM

151 posts, read 195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post

How about you going with NO-makeup! thats would be more frugal-ER.

although to be fair. Make-up does make many a girl a lot prettier than they really are.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaWeenie View Post
How about you going with NO-makeup! thats would be more frugal-ER.

although to be fair. Make-up does make many a girl a lot prettier than they really are.

Say what?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:50 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Yesterday, I bought a pot of 5 hyacinths--barely open--for three dollars. No wonder no one took them home for Easter. They're just starting to look nice. I love the smell of hyacinth.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:06 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Yesterday, I went into the 99 Only store looking for potatoes. they had 3# bags of Yukon Golds for $0.99. I grabbed a bag. Then I realized that at the front of the store, they had 10# bags of the same potatoes for $0.99. I bought the larger bag.

When i got home, I washed the potatoes and put 4# in a bag and sent them over to one of my neighbors.

Last night, she brought over a 8" quiche which we will have tomorrow night for dinner.

Not a bad result.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:06 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I had my nails done at the salon but did my toes at home.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Yesterday, I went into the 99 Only store looking for potatoes. they had 3# bags of Yukon Golds for $0.99. I grabbed a bag. Then I realized that at the front of the store, they had 10# bags of the same potatoes for $0.99. I bought the larger bag.

When i got home, I washed the potatoes and put 4# in a bag and sent them over to one of my neighbors.

Last night, she brought over a 8" quiche which we will have tomorrow night for dinner.

Not a bad result.

I was just going to say---how do you use up so many potatoes before they go bad? For just two people its a race against time I grew up in a "sharing" neighborhood. many neighbors had their favorites, but it wasn't practical to cool 10 quarts for just two people. It wasn't uncommon for people to make Italian bread, Belgium stews, Greek desserts, farmer's salads, etc then share around the neighborhood. To do that now one would need a food license and liability insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living