Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM

111 posts, read 134,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
He still gave away virtually everything he had, keeping only enough to live.
So...

a) traumatic brain injury from serious motorcycle accident
b) brain damage
c) give away most everything.

Got it. I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 05:45 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
I'd say, man realized that $$ are not really that much of true worth. And he did the right thing - he followed what his heart told him. Took hard hit on the head to "get it", but he did. Some, like say Steve, could have done same and better, but they chose not to.
Overpraised in the article or not, the act itself is exemplary. Just like any other act of giving. Should be followed by everyone, to the best of one's ability.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I'd say, man realized that $$ are not really that much of true worth. And he did the right thing - he followed what his heart told him. Took hard hit on the head to "get it", but he did. Some, like say Steve, could have done same and better, but they chose not to.
Overpraised in the article or not, the act itself is exemplary. Just like any other act of giving. Should be followed by everyone, to the best of one's ability.
Why?

I'm not going to knock anyone who gives their money or stuff away, it's their money and stuff to do with as they please, but why would you think everyone should do that? It makes no sense. Or are you saying do what you heart (brain) is telling you to do? I can get behind that.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
Great story and interesting I found it given that I am contemplating letting some personal possessions go and move abroad.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
Brain injury plus depression equals not in his right mind to me. I seriously question his rationality and ability to make these decisions. But even after divesting himself of most of his assets, he is still worth over 1.5M. So barring further disturbed acts on his part, he will be OK. He is still better off than many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living