U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:44 PM

9,822 posts, read 13,900,796 times

Advertisements

It takes approximately 4 hrs for digestive system to wake up to full function after you wake up and get out of bed.
That means, dumping any solids in 20 minutes after you got up is only ruining your digestive system.
First solid food should be taken 4-5 hrs after you got out of bed.
Ideally, only clean lukewarm water should be taken initially, to "flush the system". I add 3 raw eggs to it, drink them raw. I have chicken farm, my eggs are healthy.
Then I have first solid food around 9 am at work. I wake up at around 4, I am normally at the gym 5 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 09:50 PM

15,170 posts, read 15,210,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz;44576685[B
]It takes approximately 4 hrs for digestive system to wake up to full function after you wake up and get out of bed.
That means, dumping any solids in 20 minutes after you got up is only ruining your digestive system.
Ideally, only clean lukewarm water should be taken initially, to "flush the system". I add 3 raw eggs to it, drink them raw.[/b] I have chicken farm, my eggs are healthy.
Then I have first solid food around 9 am at work. I wake up at around 4, I am normally at the gym 5 am.

PLEASE.......where are you coming up with the tin-foil-hattish "information" in your post??????

I can eat 4 COOKED eggs 20 minutes after waking...and my digestive-system is NOT "ruined"!

Old 06-30-2016, 07:40 PM

2,581 posts, read 3,142,662 times
Skip breakfast.

Very cheap.

The old wives tale that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is not true.

Most of us overeat. So eating less is good for most of us.

Works for me. Not for everyone.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 AM

22,709 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Skip breakfast.

Very cheap.

The old wives tale that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is not true.

Most of us overeat. So eating less is good for most of us.

Works for me. Not for everyone.
I don't overeat. Eating less isn't an option. Your body needs fuel, so feed it something. I'm rarely hungry first thing in the morning, but I eat when I eventually am. Some people don't eat, snack in the evening and are starving when they wake up. You're telling them to not eat?

Last edited by Gerania; 07-06-2016 at 12:19 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 07:59 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,051,479 times
eqq scrambled with some cheese and half an English muffin. or the egg is poached with half an English muffin

Old 07-09-2016, 11:32 AM

10,868 posts, read 6,577,504 times
Oatmeal with a banana.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:11 AM

2,442 posts, read 1,797,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
It takes approximately 4 hrs for digestive system to wake up to full function after you wake up and get out of bed.
Ideally, only clean lukewarm water should be taken initially, to "flush the system". I add 3 raw eggs to it, drink them raw. I have chicken farm, my eggs are healthy.
Eggs are solid food. In fact, eggs are high in protein so they are one of the hardest on your stomach.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:28 AM

902 posts, read 486,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Eggs are solid food. In fact, eggs are high in protein so they are one of the hardest on your stomach.
The state of the edible part of an egg is not solid food. It's liquid food. The exception is the insignificant membrane.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:40 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,264,886 times
A good breakfast is a wise way to start the day. Avoid dead animals, sugar, dairy, and other alkaline foods. An avocado, a red, sweet grapefruit, and a boiled egg will stay w/ you a long time. If you don't do eggs, make it an apple or something. Almonds would make it stretch even further before you got hungry, but they're not particularly cheap. The idea is to avoid processed, acidic foods, and foods that have a high glycemic index. Not good to start the day spiking your blood sugar. You need saturated fat to stay full, as well as a food like grapefruit that has a very low glycemic index to break down slowly. Almond milk, pineapple, and miso soup are great in the morning too.

"It takes approximately 4 hrs for digestive system to wake up to full function after you wake up and get out of bed.
Ideally, only clean lukewarm water should be taken initially, to "flush the system". I add 3 raw eggs to it, drink them raw. I have chicken farm, my eggs are healthy.Then I have first solid food around 9 am at work. I wake up at around 4, I am normally at the gym 5 am."

That's totally bogus. Your digestion wakes up when you wake up. It never went to sleep. A good shower before you have breakfast and some mild stretching is healthy too. Gets your circulation going and helps wake you up. Your typical American breakfast of acidic coffee, acidic citrus juice, a slice of dead animal, butter and jelly on processed wheat derived bread, and white potatoes (w/ a glycemic index close to pure glucose) that are fried in unhealthy, fatty oils is a fine way to kill yourself. Same w/ processed wheat derived pancakes covered w/ butter and drenched w/ molasses or corn syrup. See you in the coronary unit!

Eggs are hard on your stomach? Where do these wacky unscientific ideas come from?

Last edited by smarino; 07-30-2016 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 02:42 PM

16,218 posts, read 7,101,807 times
Two eggs and a big green salad.

This time of year, most of it comes right out of my backyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or