U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM

1,652 posts, read 1,890,149 times

Advertisements

-Publish e-books or guides on Amazon (royalties)
-Pick up stuff from Freecycle or Craigslist Free section and resell on Craigslist or Ebay
-Sell existing stuff you don't use anymore on Craigslist or Ebay
-Become an Uber or Lyft driver
-Check unclaimed property websites for states you've lived in and claim any money you might be owed
-Submit claims for class-action lawsuits that don't require proof of purchase (or that do if you've purchased the item that is the subject of the lawsuit)
-Become an online market appraiser for a company like Opendoor (requires knowledge of real estate market/appraisal)
-Open an Etsy shop (my wife makes jewelry and brings in an extra 200-300 a month)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 10:15 PM

12 posts, read 7,596 times
Selling stuff online and do blogging then monetize it. A lot of people nowadays make money from blogging but it's not easy to make money from your blog it takes time and effort. You can also do freelancing jobs online as a lot of companies outsource some jobs today.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 PM

2,298 posts, read 1,672,621 times
We mow lawns and do gutter cleanouts on the side, we make about $300-500 a month extra. Also been slowly getting into eBay selling. I made jewelry for fun awhile back and seeing if I could make a business from it - even if just extra $100 a month. See how it goes. I would love to do babysitting part time, did so in high school and loved it but worry about the liability side of it now..

Wish there was more.. Been trying to brainstorm new ideas so hopefully ill get some inspiration here.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:52 PM

9,463 posts, read 15,034,249 times
ebates.com

I just got a check today for $43.07 !

Its free to sign up. You earn a percentage of stuff you buy at major stores, like Sears, Macys, etc. It ranges from 1% to 12% or more, just depending. You open a shopping ticket with Ebates, and your bonus is automatically credited to your account.

A few more coins for the piggy!

Old 08-18-2016, 10:57 PM

9,463 posts, read 15,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
We mow lawns and do gutter cleanouts on the side, we make about $300-500 a month extra. Also been slowly getting into eBay selling. I made jewelry for fun awhile back and seeing if I could make a business from it - even if just extra $100 a month. See how it goes. I would love to do babysitting part time, did so in high school and loved it but worry about the liability side of it now..

Wish there was more.. Been trying to brainstorm new ideas so hopefully ill get some inspiration here.

Scoop poop?

Sounds like you enjoy yard work. Some people let their dogs poop in the backyard instead of walks, but then there's poop to scoop. Such a service would scoop and dispose, .....its an idea....

Old 08-21-2016, 09:12 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,522,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Scoop poop?

Sounds like you enjoy yard work. Some people let their dogs poop in the backyard instead of walks, but then there's poop to scoop. Such a service would scoop and dispose, .....its an idea....
There's a guy where I live that made a business out of doing this. He does pretty well with it.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:17 AM

12,973 posts, read 24,032,975 times
I use eBates, plus I take surveys through Pinecone Research and YourWord, plus I scan everything that I buy through the Nielsen Consumer Panel.

This is what I do:

I let my points build up all year with PineCone, and cash them in after the first of the year, and usually get around $100.
With Nielsen, I let my points collect, and got a new set of mixing bowls, but you can also get Amazon (and other) gift cards.
With YourWord, depending on the amount of points you have, you can get a gift card to either a department store or restaurant. I got two JCPenney gift cards, one for $25, and one for $10. With those points, I ordered a pair of Nike athletic shoes on sale, and all I paid was $.80.

I do Focus Groups and mock jury trials, but those are sometimes hard to get, and I don't do as many as I used to. The eBates money goes into my PayPal account, I don't get a check.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:29 PM

1,314 posts, read 990,917 times
Sell your body in Vegas.

If you have all your teeth, you can make quite a bit extra.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:44 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,798,538 times
You could probably make even more if you have no teeth...

Old 08-27-2016, 05:58 AM

425 posts, read 175,858 times
oh boy......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or