U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:21 PM

3,137 posts, read 1,618,905 times

Advertisements

Oh, good grief. I never said I've never been rude to anyone before.

This woman approached me and instigated all this. I WAS JUST MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS. It doesn't matter how many examples that you trot out of customers who have been mean to service people. None of those are relevant. I didn't even bother reading most of what you posted. I stopped reading at where you said people defecate in the aisles of stores. I've never seen anyone do that in my life.

The last thing I'll say to you is that customer service is not for everyone. If you aren't cut out for it, do something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well...after the umpteenth person screamed about thinking every single thing was 75% off, she maybe took it up herself....or may have been told to walk through and let customers know.

Two sides to this coin. I get you're upset, but maybe she was having a worse day and a little compassion might have been warranted.
She needs a job that doesn't involve customer service if she gets that frazzled. Like I said, it's not for everyone. Some people aren't cut out for working with the public, and that's okay. They just need to find a different kind of job.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:09 PM

9,295 posts, read 4,739,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Oh, good grief. I never said I've never been rude to anyone before.

This woman approached me and instigated all this. I WAS JUST MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS. It doesn't matter how many examples that you trot out of customers who have been mean to service people. None of those are relevant. I didn't even bother reading most of what you posted. I stopped reading at where you said people defecate in the aisles of stores. I've never seen anyone do that in my life.

The last thing I'll say to you is that customer service is not for everyone. If you aren't cut out for it, do something else.
I would report her to the manager, not trying to get her fire but really this sort of behavior is not acceptable, the manager needs to know this. This is a drug store not retail nor restaurants. It's really not a stressful environment as people here make it sounds like.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:24 PM

15,172 posts, read 15,210,720 times
I avoid Retailtards at all costs, just ignore them, do not acknowledge them in
any way...... they will go away.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I would report her to the manager, not trying to get her fire but really this sort of behavior is not acceptable, the manager needs to know this. This is a drug store not retail nor restaurants. It's really not a stressful environment as people here make it sounds like.
I made the decision to report and talked to the manager today about the woman's attitude. (Also, I was overcharged by $2.00 but am not going to pursue that). I've worked in a drug store and yes, it's pretty low key unless you work in the pharmacy...I never saw any mad rush of shoppers in the store, demanding discounts, like the other posters are claiming. There was hardly anyone in the store when I was there.

Also, my own mother worked for this same drugstore chain for many years and I know they take customer complaints in a serious way. I also appreciate the fact that they gave my mom a job for many years and will keep shopping there, just not at this same location.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:43 AM

3,207 posts, read 1,486,941 times
I think it would have been simpler to just say "ok" to the clerk and go about your business.

Energy-waster, really.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:45 AM

8,880 posts, read 15,639,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I think it would have been simpler to just say "ok" to the clerk and go about your business.

Energy-waster, really.
Agree. The fact that the OP is still even thinking about this days later says more about the OP's state of mind than the clerk's actions say about hers.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 AM

3,674 posts, read 5,852,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Tassity22:

Maybe she had a bad day. There is an old Native American saying "Great Spirit, grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasins".

ARe you ACTUALLY going to have me believe YOU have never been rude to another soul for any reason, EVER?

I have spent my career working two types of jobs: retail, all aspects {except management, but DOES include being supervisor}, and cooking in restaurants.

If you HAVE NOT worked in retail OR restaurants, I suggest YOU try it for just ONE MONTH, you will have MORE THAN ENOUGH sympathy for store clerks or restaurant staff. Especially Nov. 15 to Jan 2, any given year. You will see the WORST you CAN and CAN'T imagine of people!!!!

THAT is where you find the RUDEST of customers and people on any given day. That old "the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" bit was surely written by a customer {or a man who wanted to DESPERATELY sell something-anything to ANYBODY during the depression} and NOTICE you don't see those signs up anymore! THAT is because the customer is usually the wrongest of all!

CUSTOMERS have even SPIT on clerks, punched them in the face, defecated in aisles, pissed in aisles and even worse when NOT happy about paying for something OR try returning something they bought and couldn't afford, wore once to a function {think Christmas or New Years}, have lost the receipt for and soiled and WANT A FULL immediate refund. IN cash when they paid by Credit card. EVER READ the return policy nowadays on the back of receipts? it's a mile long to cover all these eventualities.

Customers think something for $49.99 OUGHT to be only $1.98 and that is all they are willing to pay. However they will TRY to twist things to get it.

Customers PAY NO ATTENTION to EXPIRATION DATES on coupons OR SALES. EVEN WHEN THE SIGN has it printed on it, OR the coupon has it on it.

THINK the black Friday MOB tramplings you see on the TV NEWS....happens for almost any sale item in DEMAND. That is NOT A RARITY, it is a REALITY when something is really on sale cheap.

When I was receiving supervisor, it was my job to deliver backstock of bulk items {think patio sets, wicker sets, smaller furniture cash and carry} out the back door for delivery TO THEIR CAR, you'd be amazed at how they would show up in a YUGO or a PINTO or A MINI COOPER and want ME to figure out how to get 4 patio chairs, a 4'x8' glass top table, 2 chaise lounges and a large table umbrella into their car! As i used to say when they'd say "How do you suggest we load this?" {you may call it RUDE} I'd say "that, ma'am, is why I OWN A PICKUP TRUCK".
GUESS how many people thought I SHOULD DELIVER IT FOR FREE TO THEIR HOUSE IN MY PERSONAL PICKUP {AND NOOOOO, we didn't have delivery service, it's CASH AND CARRY}. I didn't even have to say the "pickup" line and they didn't have to know I owned one, to be asked if I could somehow deliver it to their house.

Restaurant people want it cooked they "way my mother made it" or "like I'd make it myself"...then GO TO YOUR MOTHER {may mine rest in peace} or MAKE IT YOURSELF, don't come to my restaurant and tell me how I should have cooked it. OR get a job cooking here so you can 'SHOW EVERYONE how it is done".
What THEY want "medium" is really RARE for cooking, or they order medium well when they really want it burned to a crisp.
ANd when the FOOD is "wrong", they blame the waitstaff, when it is a KITCHEN problem.

SO next time, SMILE and nod and say "thank you"...it MIGHT just have CHANGED her attitude on what for her was a harrowing day!!!!

I'm sooooo glad I don't have to work retail anymore. We'd find feces in the dressing rooms at least twice a month. People would barf, move a rack over it and not tell anyone to have it cleaned. I saw a woman let her toddler slobber all over a stuffed animal and then put it back on the shelf! So glad I saw it so I could damage out the item. Customers are pigs.

A coworker was helping her mother and another customer punched the mother in the face!

A customer got pissed that her coupon wasn't working and threw the radio at my head. As I turned around she pulled the charger out of the wall and threw that at me as well, nearly hitting me in the eye. Unfortunately, she got away.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:56 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,813,690 times
i would have let it go.

I usually find the people in the clearance section pretty helpful. They'll hand me deals to buy or suggest things.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,020,411 times
As long as the clerk doesn't call you Sweetie, consider yourself ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living