U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 AM

747 posts, read 436,674 times

Advertisements

I ended up signing up. Thx for all of the inputs!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 PM

22,670 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfertx View Post
can you cancel at any time? the biggest problem with gym memberships is that many people keep paying every month while they stop actually going.

i have been going to the same gym for the past 13 years now. generally, i see the same exact people over the years. most new people come and go in relatively short time frames.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:59 PM

747 posts, read 436,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
can you cancel at any time? the biggest problem with gym memberships is that many people keep paying every month while they stop actually going.

i have been going to the same gym for the past 13 years now. generally, i see the same exact people over the years. most new people come and go in relatively short time frames.
It's a 3 months membership. I'm getting my money worth. The 30mn workouts are kicking my butt.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:57 PM

291 posts, read 131,038 times
Gyms with the right extras are usually worth the price. I'm a member at LifeTime. Now it's not the cheapest, and I cancelled my $32 a month 24 Hour Fitness membership when I joined, but the amenities make the extra cost worth it. The equipment is much better, they all have a cafe with reasonably priced healthy food and drink options. They offer aerobic, cycling, yoga, and pilates classes several times a day. I can attest that the yoga and cycling classes can whip your butt into shape on their own. As someone said, the price of a good gym membership sets you back less than the costs of doctor visits. The healthier you are, the less of your doctor you'll see. Besides, they'll probably tell you that you need to exercise more anyway!

Old 02-04-2017, 03:55 PM

5,514 posts, read 5,494,602 times
Quote:
Good for you! Saving is essential but you have to live for today too. Balance is important. My gym membership is the one bill that I do not fret about. Have fun!

Old 02-04-2017, 04:00 PM

5,514 posts, read 5,494,602 times
Quote:
It's a 3 months membership. I'm getting my money worth. The 30mn workouts are kicking my butt.

Me too. I am in pain most days but it is good. I am investing in myself.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:18 PM

473 posts, read 283,357 times
If child care is included during the gym time, the family membership at say YMCA can be nice deal. You get some time to take care of yourself and child gets to socialize & get used to being away from parent. Can take advantage of kid dance classes and swim lessons later sometimes. At lots of the bigger gyms, can use swimming pool with babies which they love and even have baby classes. You also get to use all the aerobics classes for one price plus cardio machines when hot outside or snowing...Weight lifting does improve female metabolism significantly so you can eat what you want most of the time and keeps weight lower.

Kids sports leagues are really nice to use too as baby gets older.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:59 PM

22,670 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Quote:
the fact that its a 3 month membership is great. less time commitment means less chance of you paying while not going.

how long have you been going to the gym at least two times a week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or