U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:40 PM

291 posts, read 131,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
i wanted to tutor in weekends. I put out advertisements but no one responded
With your extreme grammatical, spelling, and sentence structure issues, I can see why.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:29 PM

525 posts, read 264,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She needs to rethink this whole boyfriend thing too - criminal record, bringing in $200 a month? What the heck.

We are totally wasting our time trying to reason with her.

200 a WEEK.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:09 PM

11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times
Quote:
200 a WEEK.
net?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:10 PM

oh man, if OP learned how to budget, bi-weekly pay is cool. Two extra paychecks a year that go entirely to savings! Budget on a monthly amount ......

Old 01-27-2017, 07:14 PM

3,183 posts, read 9,224,316 times
Quote:
Hi, you all.. I am so depressed right now. I literally have no money and me and my boyfriend is currently living paycheck to paycheck. I am 24 and currently teach Pre K and I have a degree in sociology and anthropology. My boyfriend who is also 24 does maintenance and is enrolled in GED classes. He eventually wants to go to school for auto engineering after he finishes GED school. My boyfriend is currently sick with diarrhea. We to the emergency room yesterday night. To make a long story short, we could not afford all of the medicine for him. The total cost was 43$. I felt so embarrassed and hurt that we could not afford just 43 dollars worth of pills. We ended up pay for just for one of the meds and not the other one. I have 0.00 dollars in my account and 0.00 dollars in my savings. My boyfriend only has 20.00 bucks. This isn't the first time this has happened. I was sick and had to go to the hospital. I was prescribed medicine that cost only 20 bucks and I could not afford them. My boyfriend has also missed work all this week so he will not get a paycheck this week. Health insurance is too expensive. I get paid on the 7th and I am not sure how to survive until them. We usually rely on his income to hold us through the weekend.

Not only is health insurance is high, but my rent is too. I get paid on the 7th and my rent is due on the first. My rent for a one bedroom is 745+27 and it is 100 dollars each day it is late. I am hoping that the landlord work something out so that we can pay all of the rent. I am planning on moving to a cheaper spot that only wants 550 for a one bedroom where the land lord is willing to work with me on my pay period.

I also in the process of earning another degree and right now I do not think I can go any further. I feel like giving up. We can not get government assistance because we do not have any kids. I make too much for HUD and EBT. My boyfriend is going to try to get EBT to help us out with groceries.

We are also getting engaged and our photos have to be pushed back to where we can afford them. The ring is inexpensive but it is fine.

I am in tears and do not know if I can make it. I feel all alone. My boyfriend is planning on asking his mom for help and I really oppose of that because I do not like asking for hand outs. Not even from my own family.
I'm biased, but what about joining the military? The starting pay for you with a degree would be $1886 a month and then either free food and house or food and housing allowances. He'd have to get his GED first, but you could both join, and you'd be making around $75,000 a year with housing a food allowances for both of you, free college for both of you to continue education, and free health care with ZERO co pays.

Just an idea.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM

5,337 posts, read 3,952,995 times
To be honest, i was **** poor broke at 24 myself... Most of us were.... its part of growing up. Unless your born with a silver spoon in your mouth, your have to suffer through some tough $ times.. I can remember taking $1 and running down to the corner store and buying a small pack of cookies and this would be my dinner.. i did this MANY times.. Things will get better.. just keep on keeping on..

Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 PM

24,717 posts, read 26,785,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
The sad part is for almost 6 years I've given her advice, paid most of the bills, and put her on a path to financial success and education. She just likes to sit and watch lifetime movies all day. Sometimes I wonder if I should get a more financially capable and driven gf, sigh.
As the saying goes.....when people show you who they are, believe them.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
To be honest, i was **** poor broke at 24 myself... Most of us were.... its part of growing up. Unless your born with a silver spoon in your mouth, your have to suffer through some tough $ times.. I can remember taking $1 and running down to the corner store and buying a small pack of cookies and this would be my dinner.. i did this MANY times.. Things will get better.. just keep on keeping on..
But their combined income is not bad. At all. She just blows money.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 PM

4,099 posts, read 1,715,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I cannot believe she actually expects a landlord who is running a business to work the rent due date for *her* convenience.
Unbelieveable.
Its unreal. I keep hearing it more & more....."Poor me" syndrome.

If this is a real thread, she will be poor forever. Worried about pics & wont give up a tv show?

Just. No.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM

24,717 posts, read 26,785,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
The reduction in rent when you move will be nice - but it isn't the ultimate answer. IMO you need to be doing all the things to reduce expenses and increase income.
Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or