U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:49 AM

4,133 posts, read 1,730,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy01 View Post
I mean this as no disrespect to you or anyone who's commented in this thread. The OP is NOT a teacher, they have no certification, they are a daycare employee.
Ahhh yes.

I thought the whole thing sounded familiar.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:05 AM

525 posts, read 265,067 times
Hi, I am just 24 years old. I am still young and figuring out life. You all act as if a predicament never came through your lives once or twice and may be more. Secondly, I am highly convinced that the majority of City-Data users are Baby-Boomers or from the Gen X generation. If I am correct you all grew up in a great economy where struggling was not as much when trying to make a come up. I am a millennial, and as you all know we did not come of age in a great economy. I am trying. The harsh words about grammar and life is uncalled for. Do you all even have any room to talk down about someone over the internet? I am not aware nor do I care enough about the personal lives of the posters, but I wonder are you all lives so perfect to pick through the life of someone wanting help?
This board is full of pathetic old people.
I am certified in VPK or PreK educator in Florida not in other states. I am currently working on K-12 certs.

I am moving out of the apartment. My finance can not and will not afford an over a thousand dollars a month one bedroom. my boyfriend is a great guy despite his past. I love him and he loves me.

I am currently enrolled back in school and need to be somewhere that is simple and not costly. With the current president, I am uncertain what is to come of the economy. I rather move somewhere cheaper and build my savings. In a cheaper place, I will have enough to splurge. No, I am not going without cable. I will sacrifice the apartment and more than likely change cable services.

Last edited by CollegeCurious; 01-28-2017 at 08:13 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 08:29 AM

11,742 posts, read 16,479,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
985-745 plus 27=213 left at the beginning of the month
213-60 for phone bill 153

My phone bill is due every first of the month along with rent

utilities is due every middle of the month which is the only time I can save but life stuff happens. For instance oil change and a 450$ speeding ticket

My boyfriend spends money on the food and gas since he makes less than me
Speeding ticket do not "happen". Depending on where you are and if it is reckless driving the misdemeanor will put a damper on some jobs.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:39 AM

3,263 posts, read 2,844,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am not gonna jump in on the tough love, but I did have to chuckle a bit when you said... "the wedding ring is expensive, but that's ok.)
I came back to see just how much crazier this thread became. LOL

It essence, since BF has an income of a whopping $200, I'd bet that the OP is buying her own wedding ring. The OP reminds me of a young woman at work who takes care of her boyfriend, and I truly think it's so that she can control him. All the while he thinks he has HER under control because she buys his "love".

Old 01-28-2017, 08:44 AM

525 posts, read 265,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I came back to see just how much crazier this thread became. LOL

It essence, since BF has an income of a whopping $200, I'd bet that the OP is buying her own wedding ring. The OP reminds me of a young woman at work who takes care of her boyfriend, and I truly think it's so that she can control him. All the while he thinks he has HER under control because she buys his "love".
He brought the wedding ring yesterday and it was in sale at Zales. Nice try though.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:44 AM

866 posts, read 448,234 times
Quote:
Hi, I am just 24 years old. I am still young and figuring out life. You all act as if a predicament never came through your lives once or twice and may be more. Secondly, I am highly convinced that the majority of City-Data users are Baby-Boomers or from the Gen X generation. If I am correct you all grew up in a great economy where struggling was not as much when trying to make a come up. I am a millennial, and as you all know we did not come of age in a great economy. I am trying. The harsh words about grammar and life is uncalled for. Do you all even have any room to talk down about someone over the internet? I am not aware nor do I care enough about the personal lives of the posters, but I wonder are you all lives so perfect to pick through the life of someone wanting help?
I am certified in VPK or PreK educator in Florida not in other states. I am currently working on K-12 certs.

I am moving out of the apartment. My finance can not and will not afford an over a thousand dollars a month one bedroom. my boyfriend is a great guy despite his past. I love him and he loves me.

I am currently enrolled back in school and need to be somewhere that is simple and not costly. With the current president, I am uncertain what is to come of the economy. I rather move somewhere cheaper and build my savings. In a cheaper place, I will have enough to splurge. No, I am not going without cable. I will sacrifice the apartment and more than likely change cable services.
Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:12 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 2,490,266 times
Quote:

Ms. Curious, you might be right that a lot of us are boomers, I am. But a lot of us started from the bottom too. You are not making sound financial decisions and you ignore helpful advice from the very people that blazed the same trail you find yourself on.

The schools you attended did a tremendous disservice to you. I don't know what your situation was but I think you will continually have employment issues despite your degree. It seems no one along the line demanded that you understand English, finance, reasoning, or simple arithmetic as you kept getting promoted to the next grade. You probably are not stupid but you come across as very uneducated. This will not help you. The fault is likely with the schools you attended, especially your high school and college. These schools let you down.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 AM

69,367 posts, read 79,558,446 times
Quote:
He brought the wedding ring yesterday and it was in sale at Zales. Nice try though.
OMG, how could he afford a wedding ring when you can't afford rent or utilities. Oh I know utilities are covered in your rent: well on this post they are I think it is the other where they are not covered or many I have the two mixed up. As for us being old or growing up in the days when the economy was so much better, tell that to my grandchildren who are in your same general age bracket. They have gone to college, are paying student loans, have decent jobs and both even have kids. They can do it, anyone can.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:31 AM

3,063 posts, read 2,985,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
To be honest, i was **** poor broke at 24 myself... Most of us were.... its part of growing up. Unless your born with a silver spoon in your mouth, your have to suffer through some tough $ times.. I can remember taking $1 and running down to the corner store and buying a small pack of cookies and this would be my dinner.. i did this MANY times.. Things will get better.. just keep on keeping on..
I thank God dollar menus existed when I was 24.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:41 AM

647 posts, read 517,634 times
Seems like the OP did not need any advice to start with. Wonder why she started the thread then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or