U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 01:02 PM

17,988 posts, read 17,140,226 times

Advertisements

I literally have no money and me and my boyfriend is currently living paycheck to paycheck. I am 24 and currently teach Pre K and I have a degree in sociology and anthropology.

From the first post in this thread. "...me and my boyfriend is..."

With really bad grammar even in the first sentence, continuing into other posts, it's hard to believe the OP really has degrees in sociology and anthropology--or any kind of a degree at all.

And, the OP says that since she is only writing on a forum, she is writing the same way that she speaks. Well, if she speaks this way, who is going to hire her as a teacher? No one. Who would hire her to tutor kids? No one. She doesn't come across as educated or able to teach.

Then, why would anyone get a degree in something as useless as anthropology? What do you do with a degree in anthropology? Sure, it's interesting, but it doesn't usually help you get a job.

There have been a lot of helpful posts here but the OP really doesn't want to listen or learn from them. She sees expensive tv as a need, a priority. She can't sacrifice now in order to have something better in the future.

OP, when I was your age, I did without tv. I worked full time, came home and cooked, cleaned, fell into bed exhausted, got up the next day and did it all over again. At age 24, few people, then or now, had what you have.

This is my first and last post in this thread because I think the OP just came here to vent not to get any help. Either that or it's a made up post. Probably made up because a person can't graduate from college and speak and write the way the OP does. This is not adding up.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:06 PM

17,988 posts, read 17,140,226 times
Finally common sense advice. Thanks for this. Once I move, I am planning to do away with the cable and phone services that I have now and move to a much cheaper alternative. I am planning on at least 100 in savings first of the month and at least 50 during the middle of the month. My fiance puts at least 50 every other week into savings.

Suddenly she is going to get rid of the expensive tv and phone? I said the previous post would be my last but the OP has spent most of this thread saying that she can't get rid of the tv!

Congrats, OP, if you have really seen the light.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or