U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:49 PM

11,748 posts, read 5,560,185 times

Advertisements

From the top post

Quote:
My rent for a one bedroom is 745+27 and it is 100 dollars each day it is late.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:50 PM

35,121 posts, read 38,035,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If I didn't, she would have to drop out of school, I'm looking at the long game. I'd rather in 3 years she be able to work for $50k/year+ rather than still stuck at $10-$12/hr
So am I and when I was single and with Mr. CSD but not married or living together I paid all of my own bills, bought my own food, gasoline, cigarettes and budgeted $5.00 per week to play darts.
I relied on myself and my own money to take care of me even though Mr. CSD would have happily helped me financially I thanked him for his kindness and generosity and rejected his offer. I had approximately $1.50 left over each week from my payroll and each week that went into savings.

If she counts on you now what happens *if* something happens and you get injured or worse, you break up, you get ill and cannot work for a while?
She does not know how to rely on herself so she could seek the financial comfort of someone else.....
That is the long term real life possibilities you should be looking at and life is not a *game*.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:50 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,855,976 times
This is like a train wreck that I just have to stand and see. LOL

The boyfriend brings home $200, that isn't being counted. That must be a part-time job, so WHY doesn't he work more as well? Maybe he's watching TV, too.

I'm really curious as to where the OP lives. She's what? A Pre-K teacher's assistant who gets paid nearly $10000 bi-weekly. I want that job.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:53 PM

35,121 posts, read 38,035,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
The hospital is likely "writing off" the bill. People do it all the time. That's why the ER rooms are full. Going to a doctor would require payment that day - lately the doctors want payment when you sign in, before seeing the doctor. Wonder why . . .
I guessed this and all I can do is shake my head at the lack of proper priority levels, oh well, not my life
and actually pointless to try and remove the television colored glasses from the OP.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:56 PM

525 posts, read 267,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's that much because as you stated you pay an extra $100 a day when you are late every month.
I am not late every month, but being that I have switched jobs my pay period is on the 7th

Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,855,976 times
I'm done.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
I am not late every month, but being that I have switched jobs my pay period is on the 7th
It doesn't matter. Pay on the 7th for the NEXT month. Or pay it out of your other check. You act like you can't do math and figure out how to get ahead of that.

I have been in that situation many many times and I've never been late because I'm always ahead by a month.

You could get there in two months tops if you cancelled cable and didn't spend an extra dime until you get one month ahead.

Just even paying the other bills late instead would help. Since they don't charge $100 a day in late fees!

omg.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:16 PM

866 posts, read 452,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
That's really not the problem. It's the rent.

Are you pulling our leg? I have no cable tv. I have an antenna. I have no car payment because I drive a crappy Chevy Aveo. Since I don't have a car payment, I only carry liability insurance. My cellphone bill is $30/mo unlimited everything.

Do you have any cognitive dissonance happening between those ears of yours..? Any at all? Your "everything" is a problem, not just your rent. It's time to start living like you're poor because newsflash, you are. If I were a family member, there's no way I would loan you money. Not a chance until you start showing some fiscal responsibility. Curiously, the moment you start exercising fiscal restraint, you won't need to borrow money. The solution to the problem makes its own gravy, how sweet!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 PM

230 posts, read 270,242 times
Being seriously late one month can have permanent consequences. Do think about that.
😳

Old 01-26-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
Are you pulling our leg? I have no cable tv. I have an antenna. I have no car payment because I drive a crappy Chevy Aveo. Since I don't have a car payment, I only carry liability insurance. My cellphone bill is $30/mo unlimited everything.

Do you have any cognitive dissonance happening between those ears of yours..? Any at all? Your "everything" is a problem, not just your rent. It's time to start living like you're poor because newsflash, you are. If I were a family member, there's no way I would loan you money. Not a chance until you start showing some fiscal responsibility. Curiously, the moment you start exercising fiscal restraint, you won't need to borrow money. The solution to the problem makes its own gravy, how sweet!
I don't even think she is poor. She just spends too much and doesn't understand how to budget. Who has cable AND netflix AND hulu plus? There is not even anything ON hulu plus that isn't on cable - it's a replacement for people who don't have cable! They mainly have broadcast shows that can be seen free via antenna. I have it because I'm not able to sit and watch when they come on so I pay them to keep my shows for me like cable DVR used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or