Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:38 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times

Advertisements

YOU aren't "getting the big picture". If you cut out things don't need you can pay your other bills! Sure rent comes at a bad time, but if you take the advice given, you would have money to last until the rent comes.

In what state do you live?

Also, the income and expenses numbers on the first page or two, don't seem to include Boyfriend's income. That's $200 a week. So your are making $2,370 a month.

I'm finding it hard to believe this is real.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:38 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
I do not think that you guys are getting the big picture.

When Cable bill, Electricity bill, and Car note comes along I have enough to pay all three bills and to splurge or grocery shop. However after grocery shopping, we have nothing left for savings. 2 weeks later rent is due. I would also like to add that I am no longer getting paid on the first. I am paid on the 7th of every month, and the apartment complex charge 100 each day for late rent. I will be paying over 1000 in rent next week. I need to move!

The woman at the cheaper place is willing to work with me on rent and pay periods. The place does not have any expensive amenities. It is a quiet retirement community. I think I will like it.
We understand that perfectly. We are trying to explain how you can right now, today, make a huge change that will save you tons.

Call the cable company and cancel. Netflix and Hulu are quite enough TV. It is unfathomable to us that you'd keep that causing you to be late on rent and making your rent higher.

You are presenting this to us as an income issue but it's an over-spending issue.

It doesn't matter what day of the month you get paid if you are in control of your budget. You set aside money for rent before anything else to start with. No other bill charges you so much on late fees. That is so stupid I just can't even ...... that is so stupid.

Cancel the cable, do not spend another extra dime of anything until you are ahead on your bills. If you do well at that, it will NOT take long to be a month ahead on all of them.

The savings from not paying an extra $100 day being late on rent alone .... omg I just don't get that at all! Crazy!

There were so many times my pay didn't matched up with bill dates and I never once had an issue with that. I still pay everything early out of habit.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
YOU aren't "getting the big picture". If you cut out things don't need you can pay your other bills! Sure rent comes at a bad time, but if you take the advice given, you would have money to last until the rent comes.

In what state do you live?

Also, the income and expenses numbers on the first page or two, don't seem to include Boyfriend's income. That's $200 a week. So your are making $2,370 a month.

I'm finding it hard to believe this is real.
Half of me says this cannot be real but I have known people like this. I had a friend always late on rent because when paychecks came they had to eat out, buy DVDs, splurge, and then OOPS rent is late. $25 a day in late fees. Like they couldn't do math over and over every month the same thing.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: You still have not revealed how you can afford to pay for Emergency Room visits and cable television but cannot afford to pay for all required medication.
The hospital is likely "writing off" the bill. People do it all the time. That's why the ER rooms are full. Going to a doctor would require payment that day - lately the doctors want payment when you sign in, before seeing the doctor. Wonder why . . .

Old 01-26-2017, 06:43 PM

525 posts, read 406,360 times
Quote:
OP: You still have not revealed how you can afford to pay for Emergency Room visits and cable television but cannot afford to pay for all required medication.

Emergency is billed later and the hospital gave us a payment plan. As I stated in my original post, I am living paycheck to paycheck. Happened to get sick when we both did not have money.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:43 PM

I think I need to bow out. If I can't get through to friends IRL about this I certainly can't online. Good luck, OP!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Why are you obligated to pay for your fiance? You aren't, you choose to do so with no one but yourself to
blame.
If I didn't, she would have to drop out of school, I'm looking at the long game. I'd rather in 3 years she be able to work for $50k/year+ rather than still stuck at $10-$12/hr

Old 01-26-2017, 06:46 PM

525 posts, read 406,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
We understand that perfectly. We are trying to explain how you can right now, today, make a huge change that will save you tons.

Call the cable company and cancel. Netflix and Hulu are quite enough TV. It is unfathomable to us that you'd keep that causing you to be late on rent and making your rent higher.

You are presenting this to us as an income issue but it's an over-spending issue.

It doesn't matter what day of the month you get paid if you are in control of your budget. You set aside money for rent before anything else to start with. No other bill charges you so much on late fees. That is so stupid I just can't even ...... that is so stupid.

Cancel the cable, do not spend another extra dime of anything until you are ahead on your bills. If you do well at that, it will NOT take long to be a month ahead on all of them.

The savings from not paying an extra $100 day being late on rent alone .... omg I just don't get that at all! Crazy!

There were so many times my pay didn't matched up with bill dates and I never once had an issue with that. I still pay everything early out of habit.

A one bedroom apartment in south GA should not cost up to almost 1000. In the area I am living in, apartments are 600-650 a month are in great areas. This is a college and military community and the apartment caters to military members.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If I didn't, she would have to drop out of school, I'm looking at the long game. I'd rather in 3 years she be able to work for $50k/year+ rather than still stuck at $10-$12/hr
I think you need your own thread. It's making this one confusing.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
A one bedroom apartment in south GA should not cost up to almost 1000. In the area I am living in, apartments are 600-650 a month are in great areas. This is a college and military community and the apartment caters to military members.
It's that much because as you stated you pay an extra $100 a day when you are late every month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living