U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 12:38 PM

11,770 posts, read 16,518,138 times

Advertisements

Wal-Mart will pay you to go into its stores ... sort of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 12:43 PM

3,704 posts, read 9,114,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I ordered an iPad Mini from Walmart.com over the holidays, and the website database lost track of the item. It claimed to be able to provide delivery within 2 days and the status was not updated after 7 days. I tried to inquire on the status of item, but never received a reply. I canceled my order. What a joke.

Walmart.com has been a big "FAIL" for me so far.

I've been ordering from Amazon since 1999 and this has never happened.
I had the same issue ordering some toys for the kids at Christmas. The website said they were in stock and I could pick up that same day, but never got a confirmation and trying to call the store was a joke. I gave up after 3 days and cancelled the order and got them delivered from Amazon instead. Price difference for both toys was $5 more on Amazon but it was worth it.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 PM

28,641 posts, read 2,236,389 times
I had trouble getting a refund at walmart.com. I ordered a pair of shoes & some towels or something. We were moving at the time, & I missed the 3 day pick up. One of the items was refunded automatically, but the other one was not. I went into the store to see if it was still there for pickup, as it was not refunded. They did not have the item & were unable to refund the money, I had to call a 800 number to claim my refund. They still did not refund the sales tax portion. So be sure to check your receipts.

I would not bother with walmart.com again, unless it was not available in store.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:54 PM

35,827 posts, read 39,500,156 times
We've done it a lot with baby supplies, especially stuff we want to keep at my out-of-state parents' for when we visit, so we don't have to transport a pack & play, stroller, box of diapers, etc.

On baby stuff, it's ordinarily cheaper than Amazon for the same brands.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:42 PM

12,995 posts, read 24,084,757 times
I order fro Walmart.com all the time, and have never had any problems.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 AM

13,730 posts, read 22,893,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
I was looking for a nice compact folding ultra lightweight ladder. Amazon only had it for $126 but only for Prime members. Knowing that sometimes Amazon doesn't have the best price, I did a Google Search and found out Walmart had it for $126 too. Bought it from Walmart and selected FREE DELIVERY to a nearby store. Now this is way better than Amazon, because if you buy Amazon and don't like the stuff you buy, shipping it back is such a hassle! But buying from Walmart, I can test the ladder in store and return it the same moment, too. But I did have to pay for it online. Amazon now has State Taxes everywhere too, right? So now, I actually think it could be more advantageous to shop from Walmart.com !!!

Comments? Have you done this too?

I ordered a few items from Walmart.com a few months back. I had it shipped to a Walmart Neighborhood store. When I arrived, I was second in line. The two people behind the counter were making keys for a customer. I had to wait over 30 minutes for them to get to me. It would have been easier to have it shipped to me using Amazon.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 24,950,128 times
I'm just wondering what will happen when Amazon puts these big box stores out of business will its business model change? Sears, Sports Authority, Radio Shack, K-marts in my area are all closed or due to close leaving fewer stores and the Amazon option.

I've used Walmart ship to store option several times with huge disappointments. They're not completely ready for prime time in that option as the items that I've ordered weren't what was delivered, wasting my time in driving into the store only to tell them I don't want it. There's a huge disconnect between the store and the online website.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 AM

3,224 posts, read 1,503,509 times
I've ordered for store pick up before. You have to go and wait forever for someone to come to the counter, then wait again when they go to FIND your order.

No, thanks.

I'm with Amazon.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:51 AM

13,156 posts, read 9,236,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I've ordered for store pick up before. You have to go and wait forever for someone to come to the counter, then wait again when they go to FIND your order.

No, thanks.

I'm with Amazon.
You're experiencing the result of a cut in personnel budgets by the Upper MisManagement. These brilliant folks have cut stores to the bone, forcing the department managers to do the work of the associates... at manager wages (!) ... to save money.

But in the process, they're alienating the customer base, and are committing business suicide.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 737 times
We use Wal mart .com and are happy with it. We travel all over the U.S. and just order it to be at the store in town we will be in. Have had all good results with it. Also use Home Depot and others the same way. Everybody has had it where they said it would be on time except once, and that was only one day later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living