U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 05:45 AM

5,808 posts, read 3,295,904 times

Advertisements

So far, I've had very good experiences ordering from Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:23 PM

2,461 posts, read 1,200,617 times
just to veer off topic for a bit but i was scrolling through my amazon ordering history and i wasted so much money on things that i never used; ok, not so much money but it's the nickle and dime purchases. five dollars here, eight dollars there, 6 dollars here a forty five dollar purchase here; it adds up over the years.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:06 PM

9,340 posts, read 8,732,469 times
Have placed several orders online with Walmart and no problems whatsoever. Picked up the items at the local store (free shipping).

Also, with WM, they normally ship the order out the same day or the next day and it arrives within a couple of business days. With Amazon it is not uncommon for them to wait at least 3-5 business days before they ship the order, and then another 3-5 business days before it arrives.

And pricing for identical items: majority of the time Walmart wins hands down.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:08 PM

17,603 posts, read 12,197,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Have placed several orders online with Walmart and no problems whatsoever. Picked up the items at the local store (free shipping).

Also, with WM, they normally ship the order out the same day or the next day and it arrives within a couple of business days. With Amazon it is not uncommon for them to wait at least 3-5 business days before they ship the order, and then another 3-5 business days before it arrives.

And pricing for identical items: majority of the time Walmart wins hands down.
I've never found it common for amazon to take 6-10 business days for something to arrive. I've seen some delays rarely but 10 business days? That's seems like an exaggeration as something that happens with any frequency

Old 06-23-2017, 06:21 PM

13,710 posts, read 22,821,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I've never found it common for amazon to take 6-10 business days for something to arrive. I've seen some delays rarely but 10 business days? That's seems like an exaggeration as something that happens with any frequency
It has happened on my last three orders. When you place the order, they tell you three days. Then you get updates that delay it another 2-3 days or more.

I seldo order from them as their pricing is just not that good.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:04 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,136,656 times
Just ordered from Walmart as I have in the past. I'm saving an extra $15 by picking it up on Thursday in store. I'm not in a rush for the item so it worked out fine!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:47 PM

4,547 posts, read 2,769,834 times
3 months ago, I made my last order from amazon.

First, it was for a gas grill (Small table top model) on closeout and only $22. Also a small gas grill coffee maker (Percolator Type) for $26. $51.85

Then the fun began. They said "It'll be shipped between March 20th and 29th" Bull they wanted to WAIT till the 28th to ship it. I saw that this was the intended day they were shipping and called them out on it. They then replied "Well, you ordered an out of stock item" I then replied "It didn't show out of stock when I PAID for it" I also emailed the management and told them I sure didn't like being called a liar.

They then offered me a $5 off my next purchase. I told them I wanted an APOLOGY instead. Nope, they upped it to $10 I gave them the middle finger. I then found I could have bought the very same grill for $3 more and less hassle from Walmart. I found out later my sister who has been a long time Amazon customer quit paying for prime after 5 shipments were later than 7 days AND they lost one which they had to replace.

Thanks Amazon for showing me you just really don't care to do what is right.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:03 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,898,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post

No exaggeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
It has happened on my last three orders. When you place the order, they tell you three days. Then you get updates that delay it another 2-3 days or more.

I seldo order from them as their pricing is just not that good.

I think not having Prime matters. I don't, and won't, and yes, it takes days for the order to be pulled and shipped. My last order took 2 weeks from order to delivery.

I've cut back a lot on Amazon and have gone back to Ebay. My recent Ebay order from a large Ebay store (new items) took 2 days. I was shocked! I ordered Wednesday and it was delivered Friday.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:31 PM

826 posts, read 326,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I order fro Walmart.com all the time, and have never had any problems.
Do you always get an inside the box receipt stating what you purchased ? That is my main problem with Walmart, most of the time, they do not send one, and I have to go through difficulties, like going to print, at a library a copy of the order, in order to return it to a store.

Also, lots of problems with wrapping the order......lots of dented cans, but if they can get that together, their prices are much better than Amazon.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:55 PM

22,690 posts, read 21,741,083 times
It seems I'm the only person who's never had a problem with Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living