Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,267,131 times

Advertisements

Ammonia for when the skunks come around.
Fabulosa..put some in the toilet and the whole house smells great! Not the orange, haha!
$1 reading glasses.
10 Pack of surgical gloves $1
Parchment paper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 11:35 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,006,593 times
Oh yes, I forgot about dog toys! I have bought a ton of toys for my mutts there. They tear them up anyway, so might as well buy them cheap. The past few times that I've been, though, the ones around here didn't have as many toys as they used to.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:39 PM

128,596 posts, read 11,890,495 times
Jars of peanuts, the dry roasted ones are good. I also like the minced garlic it is so handy to add it to my cooking & I, too, buy the packs of gloves. I need to wear them, if I am mixing up meat or turkey for meatballs, I hate raw meat behind my fingernails.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,449,419 times
I buy whatever I NEED, that is CHEAPER than other places, like Wally WOrld.

Or that is a smaller size as well as cheaper than a larger more expensive item elsewhere.

I shop as frugally as I can all around, but the Dollar Tree certainly helps out.

Why would you go anywhere else if you can get it for a dollar at Dollar Tree??

Sometimes, quality or quantity DOES make it a bit more expensive at Dollar Tree, so you have to either know your prices, or shop around still.

I wonder what ti will become when $1 doesn't buy you anything anymore? we already have a Five Below!

Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,566,485 times
I just got back from the Dollar Tree lol They are pretty good for certain things like trash bags and the big packs of napkins you cant beat for a buck. AA and AAA batteries for remotes. The only problem with the dollar tree is usually there is only one or two cashiers max and people get carts full of stuff and i'm standing in line with like 5-10 items. This one lady got a stack of birthday cards i mean as thick as a book and i almost put my basket to the side and walked out. Walmart is right next door to the one i go to and they sell a lot of dollar products too. So if it looks like a madhouse in the dtree i just go in walmart even if i spend a few bucks more.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:59 PM

3,306 posts, read 2,246,991 times
I found one pair of reading glasses I liked (until they busted) and stocked up on one stain-removal product that is not so easy to find locally anymore. It was great to get 20 for $20! I also bought a set of four Coca-Cola glasses there once; I still use them. If a dollar store was closer to me I'd probably stop in more; as it is, I might stop in if I happen to be near one and have the time.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:02 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,350,332 times
Went today! One more thing to add to the list - frozen sliced up mixed peppers and onions. Such a deal! Came home and made an omelette with them.

They were out of doggie poop bags, dang it!

Old 05-22-2017, 06:16 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,811,665 times

Old 05-22-2017, 06:59 PM

128,596 posts, read 11,890,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Went today! One more thing to add to the list - frozen sliced up mixed peppers and onions. Such a deal! Came home and made an omelette with them.

They were out of doggie poop bags, dang it!
I bought a bag of those once, but the bag I got was mostly onions, & very little pepper, so I no longer buy it, but I am glad it worked for you.

Another thing I remember I buy sometimes is the tea bags, last summer they had boxes of lemon & mint tea,, it made really refreshing ice tea, but I have not seen the bags in there since.

Dollar tree is the nearest store for us so we do buy paper goods too. The napkins anyhow.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:27 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,350,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I bought a bag of those once, but the bag I got was mostly onions, & very little pepper, so I no longer buy it, but I am glad it worked for you.

Another thing I remember I buy sometimes is the tea bags, last summer they had boxes of lemon & mint tea,, it made really refreshing ice tea, but I have not seen the bags in there since.

Dollar tree is the nearest store for us so we do buy paper goods too. The napkins anyhow.
You must have gotten a weird bad bag. I get mostly peppers mixed with onions. And a nice mix of red, green and yellow. I eat a lot of peppers and onions, and by the time I buy them, cut them up and freeze them, it's not cheaper than just buying these from the Dollar Tree. Bummer you got a bad batch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living