U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:02 PM

5,514 posts, read 5,494,602 times

Advertisements

I would like to learn how to swim. It is great exercise. One of these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 05:26 PM

22,702 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
The rental office offered me a two year lease with unexpected savings. I also negotiated a little bit. The total savings will be $960 over a two year period.

In addition, I decided to cancel my gym membership. I am still an advocate for investing in yourself but it is not working for me. I will be saving $780 per year. I started walking again. Walking for an hour is a lot. I am just glad it does not cost me anything.
Good for you! If you like your place and plan to be there for a while, it was a smart move.

I've had a few gym memberships over the years, and I didn't like going. I much prefer(red) walking, cycling, hiking, and down and dirty yard work. I got my best workouts in the 3 story townhouse and the place with the difficult yard.

How much does a 40 pound bag of mulch weigh when it's wet? Hell if I know, but I picked it up and carried it on my back. You need knees for that...says the 125 pound girl who damaged her knee skiing in the '70s. It's not always easy.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:05 AM

Yes, I remember those days. You certainly get a work out with yard work. It is all about being active.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:32 AM

3,200 posts, read 1,483,983 times
I dropped my YMCA membership $66 a month when husband and I realized we hated it, preferred walking.

Also changed our way of eating to high fat low carb, which is amazing, no hunger or cravings. Stabilized or blood sugar/pressure.

No more beating myself up at the gym.

You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,833,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
The rental office offered me a two year lease with unexpected savings. I also negotiated a little bit. The total savings will be $960 over a two year period.
Are you sure negotiated is not spelled > t w i s t e d t h e i r a r m ?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:58 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
well unexpected savings means something different to everyone, but I just got one a few minutes ago. I love my wine and often order on line from one of the many wine companies that now post. They are not wine clubs per say. Anyway, I order 12 bottle at once and usually have a coupon. I don't order just the pre packaged selection as often part of the wines are not what we like. I only order when they are running specials where you order the types you like and they offer some bit discount or free shipping, whatever. I wasn't sure if I understood today's special right, but gave it a try. I ordered 15 bottle, all wines I have ordered before and we enjoy. The total, including sales tax and shipping: $62.00.Usually when I order that much it runs about $90.00 which is still not bad.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I dropped my YMCA membership $66 a month when husband and I realized we hated it, preferred walking.

Also changed our way of eating to high fat low carb, which is amazing, no hunger or cravings. Stabilized or blood sugar/pressure.

No more beating myself up at the gym.

You can't out-exercise a bad diet.
That is true. I did it when I was young. I cannot do that now. I am working on my diet too.

What does a high fat and low carb diet consist of?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Are you sure negotiated is not spelled > t w i s t e d t h e i r a r m ?
No. They offered the two year lease at a lower rate. I just got a couple of bucks off. I wanted more but they would not budge. I am so pleased with myself. I actually haggled. Lol!

Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well unexpected savings means something different to everyone, but I just got one a few minutes ago. I love my wine and often order on line from one of the many wine companies that now post. They are not wine clubs per say. Anyway, I order 12 bottle at once and usually have a coupon. I don't order just the pre packaged selection as often part of the wines are not what we like. I only order when they are running specials where you order the types you like and they offer some bit discount or free shipping, whatever. I wasn't sure if I understood today's special right, but gave it a try. I ordered 15 bottle, all wines I have ordered before and we enjoy. The total, including sales tax and shipping: $62.00.Usually when I order that much it runs about $90.00 which is still not bad.
My employer gave me a wine basket for christmas. I have a bunch of wine in the cupboard but I do not drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or