U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2018, 03:09 PM
 
4,221 posts, read 4,445,298 times
Reputation: 9303

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Dudes! Ive been eating out every night of the week. But it's gotten so bad that I have my normal caloric intake, then late at night, I decide to spend 10-20 dollars of food PER night and eat the food before I fall asleep. I have a hard time sleeping because of my full stomach, but if I don't eat, then I get an INSATIABLE appetite. If I don't indulge, then I get hunger pangs. I feel so helpless.


Sounds like you need a serious intervention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2018, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Phoenix-Valley of the Sun
2,462 posts, read 1,209,000 times
Reputation: 3047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Sounds like you need a serious intervention.
Yea i do. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
4,755 posts, read 7,547,905 times
Reputation: 9702
An occasional bottle of my favorite wine, good quality cheese, chocolate, or gourmet ice cream, and cool things from eBay, the thrift store or a rummage or yard sale for myself, my kids, or my home that I could never afford to buy brand new.

Several posts on here have now inspired me to just go ahead and buy a bottle of that pricey perfume I love so much at the department store!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 03:51 PM
 
11,650 posts, read 5,497,943 times
Reputation: 11066
I splurge on convenience sometimes. Often it is extremely inconvenient to save money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 09:31 PM
 
9,465 posts, read 15,045,414 times
Reputation: 15450
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
An occasional bottle of my favorite wine, good quality cheese, chocolate, or gourmet ice cream, and cool things from eBay, the thrift store or a rummage or yard sale for myself, my kids, or my home that I could never afford to buy brand new.

Several posts on here have now inspired me to just go ahead and buy a bottle of that pricey perfume I love so much at the department store!


Such are on my bring-up list! Hey, you only live once!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 10:25 PM
 
11,650 posts, read 5,497,943 times
Reputation: 11066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Dudes! Ive been eating out every night of the week. But it's gotten so bad that I have my normal caloric intake, then late at night, I decide to spend 10-20 dollars of food PER night and eat the food before I fall asleep. I have a hard time sleeping because of my full stomach, but if I don't eat, then I get an INSATIABLE appetite. If I don't indulge, then I get hunger pangs. I feel so helpless.
Alcohol, or pot? Drinking in the evening makes me want to eat again too. Specifically breakfast food, a habit I guess from the days we'd go out drinking, and then hit up the IHOP or wherever before going home and crashing. And I know pot smokers get crazy hungry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2018, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Phoenix-Valley of the Sun
2,462 posts, read 1,209,000 times
Reputation: 3047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Alcohol, or pot? Drinking in the evening makes me want to eat again too. Specifically breakfast food, a habit I guess from the days we'd go out drinking, and then hit up the IHOP or wherever before going home and crashing. And I know pot smokers get crazy hungry.
Nah man. Im clean as ****
I stopped drinking 4 years ago and i no longer smoke weed. I use food for emotional support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 10:20 AM
 
4,365 posts, read 5,288,880 times
Reputation: 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Nah man. Im clean as ****
I stopped drinking 4 years ago and i no longer smoke weed. I use food for emotional support.
Haha same here, quit drinking 2 years ago and change. The craziest thing to me is clearly alcohol must have been an insane source of calories. While on the one hand I do usually eat cereal in the morning thatís low sugar, and a protein shake before bed, I would say maybe 2-3 times a week I eat some insane meal like a bunch of pancakes at IHOP and the whole sampler platter, or a giant BBQ meal, even McDonalds or Taco Bell. I pay zero attention to calories whenever I eat out. But I work out hard with heavy weights and literally if I donít eat meals like that a few times a week I canít even maintain my weight. My GF basically hates me but the muscle burns off calories. In the past when I drank I really did have to watch my calories, I thought I finally just got old, but ever since I quit drinking I can eat like a teenager, I had a big huge sundae a few days ago after eating a burger. Iím always at the same weight and if I go a few days like 4-5 without eating out I just drop weight lol.

I know some people hate working out but itís completely worth it to eat basically whatever. I am sure it helps that almost every other meal or day I eat healthy but I laugh in the general direction of watching calories when Iím out - I eat to get stuffed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
 
2,803 posts, read 2,479,464 times
Reputation: 5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
*I felt like we have done this thread before. If we have, please forgive me and delete/merge this thread.






I moved to a new city, and OMG, I spent so much money on food. I've been here for 3 weeks and I've eaten out every day, sometimes two times a day.



Most of you guys know that I struggle with eating out and spending money. It's my lone weakness as far as splurging. Other than that, I try to minimize my expenses and do a very good job at it. Food is my achilles heel.
shoes
high quality food to eat at home
travel
some high quality clothing
care for a cat that is getting elderly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2018, 04:52 PM
 
Location: The analog world
15,709 posts, read 8,787,561 times
Reputation: 21084
Kitchenware. I have very nice pots and pans. Fortunately, I have a small kitchen with limited storage, so it hasn't gotten out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top